Internet conection in Staterooms QE2

luna07

We´re going on QE2 World Cruise, and need to keep in touch with a lot of people. Phone is not going to be a good option because of the difference between the hours, but internet would do a good service keeping in touch. I would like to know if it is possible to have an in-room internet service for connecting my laptop on this cruise? Pr if it is possible to take the laptop arround and conect with a WIFI card. If i have my own WIFI card, will it work??? or do i need to rent it on board because it needs to be configured???

Do we need a WIFI card, or must we purchase it on board or ask Cunard before???

If anyone has experience with this i would be very thankfull to hear about it.

As far as I am aware there is no Internet connections from cabins on QE2. As you may know the ship is thirty five years old so lacks some modern conveniences. In my view she more than makes up for these shortfalls in many other ways.

You can send emails from the Computer Learning Centre on Two Deck. Include your cabin number and name in the subject line. A steward delivers any replies to you cabin. This is rather nice, it is a bit like receiving a telegram.

My information is based on the ship before the last refit. Somebody else may have more up-to-date information. The may have put wifi in some public rooms since I was last aboard.

Incidentally, Cunard say QE2 was the first passenger ship to have an email address.

Best wishes, Stephen.

Archived