Guatemala-Quirigua Archeological w/NCL

Cruisin'BusyBee

• 2 weeks later...

We have been to Quirigua twice with Happy Fish, cost was $60pp and we stoped to check out the banana plantation as we entered the site along with stopping on the side of the road on the way back for fresh pineapple/bananas. Freddy was our last guide and we had a great time. We had plenty of time at the site and we were not rushed. I highly recommend Happy Fish. They have a booth in the tourist building.

• 1 month later...

wish i had noticed this posting earlier, but for further reference:

our NCL tour was great. the bus was new and in excellent condition. as we left the port and drove through town, the guide did a great job of explaining everything...including pointing out the 1st ever shopping mall.

at quirigua, as soon as we were off the bus...the bugs started biting. thank goodness i had bug spray and shared it with others on our tour. (even with others i saw with bites) the bugs were awful..just be prepared, they come up from the grass and this area has a lot of grass.

nice shopping here, the vendors had some interesting items. school was out, some vendors had their kids with them..the kids were so nice.

the site is great, very different from other mayan sites. the stellaes are very interesting, but do neet someone to teach you how to read them. the tour guides with grey lines (the company NCL uses) were very well trained, explaining every little detail, answering questions, etc.

photos are in my webshot link, in my signature...under santo tomas.

We took the NCL tour New Years week. It was a very nice tour. Biting bugs were already mentioned so you know to take bug spray - the other thing we ran into was no tp in the restrooms at the site. We have traveled many places - but this was the first time that this happened. Be prepared. Other than that, you will enjoy the site. Different from the typical Mayan ruins at other locations - it's a nice change.

• 2 weeks later...

We did the Quirigua and Dulce River Explorer through NCL last year. The ruins were great and not too buggy in December, but the river part was actually pretty long and dull. The river was nice to look at... for the first hour but then we fell asleep :p But our tour guide was really nice and took us to a nice resort to eat lunch, so recommend the Quirigua part.

Archived