Taking food off Jewel in the Baltics

Dougles

Is this allowed? In St Petersberg and Berlin we expect to be on private tours. As there is so much to see we thought we could save time if we took our lunch with us. Is this something we could arrange (we are staying in a suite if that makes any difference)?

Taking food off the ship always depends on the port (country) that you're visiting. Local regulations may prohibit certain items or none at all. Your best bet is to read your Freestyle Daily carefully and check for the specific policies for each port.

You are usually not allowed to take food off of the ship and bring it into another country. Normally, we do, take a peanut butter sandwich, or such, and a drink. They never check when you are going off the ship, only when you come back on. As for St Pet, you do have to go thru customs, so it depends on if they look thru anything you are bringing into their country. I guess those that have been before can give a better answer. I would think though, that most they would do is confiscate the food and you'd be on your way.

There were no announcements about not taking food off the ship in those ports. That being said, it was really nice to eat Russian food. Our guide (private) took us to a great place and I'm so glad we ate in Russia - had some sort of meat pie that was delicious!

Archived