• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Great Stirrup Cay

Agemini

The tenders run back and forth to the ship all day. They are most crowded early and late, so if you like to take your baby to the beach, you might consider going over for a short stay on the island during the middle of the day when the tenders are less crowded.

Every time we have been there the tenders run all day. You can come and go as you please. You will find many people go for a short time and go back. Last time we went to GSC we grabbed an early tender, did an early parasail and were back on board the ship before noon.

I personally think you will love GSC with a 27 month old. First, he/she will be allowed to swim/play in the water whereas they aren't allowed in the pool on the ship (not potty trained).

Second, tenders run all day long. When the tendering process first starts, it's chaotic, so take your time in getting in line for a tender. No sense in standing in line for over 1/2 hour with a baby. Enjoy a relaxing morning on board and when the tender lines settle down around noon or 1 pm, then get on the tender to go over with hardly any wait at all. The only drawback to waiting this long to go over is you probably won't be able to find any lounge chairs on the beach. However, I doubt you'll be spending a lot of time relaxing on a lounge with a 27 month old to chase after! :)

Once on the island, there's lots of shade in addition to the sunny beach, so no need to worry about the little one baking in the sun. There's a nice lunch served on the island (Barbeque buffet) and plenty of picnic tables with shade umbrella's to sit at.

When you've had enough island time, be it 1/2 hour or 3 hours, just go back to the tender area and hop on. Unless you wait till the very end of the day, you won't have much of a line. Tenders run all day long.

I definitely think that this could be the best beach day you could have with a little one. You can do it at your own pace, and set the time frame on your own without having to pack lots of stuff for an entire day's excursion.

CG

I would definitely bring a 27-month-old to the beach. Babies/toddlers love the beach! I know I did when I was that age...it's way better than the pool, for sure.

(And since non-potty-trained babies are not allowed in the pool on the ship, I certainly wouldn't just stay on the ship. At least this way you'll get to play in the water.)

We were just there two days ago with our 6 and 8 year old children on the Norwegian Dawn.

It was the BEST of all the "port" stops in our opinion. We got lucky as the week before we heard the weather was not good thus the ship was diverted to Nassau.

The weather was perfect and although the beach gets crowded, there is seating for everyone. Lots of hammocks as well.

There is no huge drop off in the water for a while, so perfect for younger children.

Recommend picking up tender tickets first thing in the morning, to be on one of the first 1 or 2 tenders to the island. The tenders were running at least every 30 minutes.

Archived