• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Tea Kettle

can anyone tell me if they have Kettles in the vision of the seas cabins please.

It is a English thing....

Kettles are currently in all cabins on Brilliance, Rhapsody (out of Australia) and Independence (when sailing out of England). Also in JS and above on other ships. It seems strange that none on the Vision - Because of the large number of Brits on board they ensure there is Brit entertainment, back bacon and baked beans for breakfast and announcements are in English first then Spanish and Portugese. You do not need to buy a visa for the DR as that is included. There is MyTimeDining on this ship if you want the flexibility, and on the last day you get a free city tour and lunch before you are taken back to the airport.

Are you kidding???

Not a surprising question at all.

In Britain EVERY hotel room from the simplest Travelodge or Bed and Breakfast to the top 5* famous names would have a kettle.

Every morning when I get up (post-ablutions) I immediately have a cup of tea!

Kettles & teas in Jr. Suite on Explorer last month. It was a Caribbean itinerary.

If there's a kettle I wish they would add the glass french press pot so we could make our own coffee in the room. I know you can order from room service but I sure like making my own. We had the french press in the RFS last Sept on Grandeur and really enjoyed it.

I guess so. I think the kettle we had for the french press turned off automatically so maybe that's why they feel this is safe from causing a fire. Still doesn't make much sense about the irons because how many of us take curling irons for our hair? Seems as if that is just as dangerous as an iron if you forget to turn it off.

Actually it doesn't matter to me about the irons. If something gets wrinkled I just send it out to be pressed. It's not very costly and I hate to iron!

Wow - the tea kettle in the junior suites must be something new. We have had a JS the past two years on the Freedom with no tea kettle.

We have a GS booked this summer on the Serenade - we are very much looking forward to the tea kettle AND the French Press on this cruise. Currently ALL GS and above suites include the french press.

You'll love the french press. We had never even seen one before so had no clue how to use it. Once we got the hang of it, it was great. At first we put way too much coffee in there.

We usually have the JS and have never had a kettle in there so I guess this is something new.

I have never seen a kettle on any of the RCC ships, we have been on.

However, we travel, with a very small kettle. My husband likes to have coffee, as soon as he gets up - instead of room service - we bring the kettle and some Maxwell House Instant coffee - so whenever, the mood strikes, he has a cup and sits on the balcony, and lets me sleep.:o

So sorry for such a late thank you but i do want to say thanks to all who replied. I will be taking my trusty travel kettle just in case along with my supply of PG Tips lol. someone mentiond no iron in the cabin is it ok to take a travel iron? I am such a rubbish packer that i know everything will be creased. many thanks once again

Tina

So sorry for such a late thank you but i do want to say thanks to all who replied. I will be taking my trusty travel kettle just in case along with my supply of PG Tips lol. someone mentiond no iron in the cabin is it ok to take a travel iron? I am such a rubbish packer that i know everything will be creased. many thanks once again

Tina

Sorry Tina, no irons of any sort allowed onboard.

In fact they usualy tell you during Lifeboat drill about the risk of fires and will say, no clothing irons allowed.

Have seen people write on here they have had them confiscated.

We had a teakettle in our JS on VOS in January, it was a great addition, just brought a carton of milk from the Windjammer and put it in the fridge(worked out just fine). The plug was a round 2-pin so fit into the socket on the vanity.

I'm afraid travel irons are not allowed, and the tea kettle shuts off as soon as the water boils.

Hope this helps.:)

Tina

Neither your travel iron nor your travel kettle will be allowed onboard.

Both are considered a fire hazard. The ones provided by RCI are checked and approved which isn´t the case for the ones you bring.

Archived