• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Comfort Inn Suites and Atlantis

dman1

What time of year are you going? If you're going during the off-season I would think you'd have a better chance of being able to get a room the day you arrive vs their busy season.

I've never read about anyone getting a room the day of but I'd be interested to see if anyone replies who's done it.

Maybe Scubagirl will chime in here but I would guess February through April are considered high season.

In regards to your concerns about weather, a couple years ago I waited until the day before our 3-day cruise left before booking CS because I was concerned about the weather (early Dec, which is low season). It doesn't do much good to look at a forecast a week out but I felt pretty comfortable with the forecast 2 days out, and the forecast stayed true, it was sunny and 80's.:)

Last year in September (Hurricane Season) I had a reserved room at Comfort Suites a few months back. A hurricane was brewing around there when we were about to cruise and we did not know until the day we left that Nassau would be spared. The problem is, you have to cancel the Comfort Suites reservation 2 days out to get a full refund. I did not want to lose the money if we ended up not docking in Nassau so I cancelled it.

It ended up being a beautiful day there and I went online (for a few minutes and cost $15!) to book the same day and the cost had DOUBLED! I should have kept the original reservation and taken my chances. We are going again this September and I will keep the reservation no matter what! On the other hand, thinking back, I might have called the resort itself and asked them for a better rate. Who knows?

Archived