Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smeegle

Last minute Itinerary change-we're going to Calica

Carnival just called and it was a recording that we were NOT going to Progreso, but to Calica instead. Not a problem...everyone here seems to have enjoyed Calica.

What to do with two kids (8 & 12...adventurous) in Calica? We are going to zip-line in Coz.

Also, how's the shopping in Calica? I was planning on doing my shopping in Progreso but now that's changed.

Smeegs (aka Sandi)

Carnival just called and it was a recording that we were NOT going to Progreso, but to Calica instead. Not a problem...everyone here seems to have enjoyed Calica.

What to do with two kids (8 & 12...adventurous) in Calica? We are going to zip-line in Coz.

Also, how's the shopping in Calica? I was planning on doing my shopping in Progreso but now that's changed.

Smeegs (aka Sandi)

If I had munchkins along, I would opt for Xcaret or take an Edventure Tour. There is plenty of shopping on 5th Avenue in Playa Del Carman.

You can't go wrong with an Edventure Tour. They can customize the day to include the types of activities you are interested in. We packed so much into our day - I would love to go back to Calica and do it again.

The shopping and beaches are better in Cozumel than in Pregresso anyway. The zip lines in Cozumel are off towers and zip over their version of jungle. I think the edventure tour also has a zip line which sounds much better.