• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Vaccinations and Visas

mississauga

I recently checked for Peru and Ecuador and no visas are required. Been to Chile and no visa is required although you have to pay the reciprocity fee when you land in Santiago which I am assuming you are. No vaccinations for Chile and I don't belive for others as well.

I recently checked for Peru and Ecuador and no visas are required. Been to Chile and no visa is required although you have to pay the reciprocity fee when you land in Santiago which I am assuming you are. No vaccinations for Chile and I don't belive for others as well.

Thanks!

Looking into a cruise from Valparaiso, Chile to San Francisco. The South American ports are Chile, Peru and Ecuador. Are vaccinations or visas neede for these ports? Thanks for any info you can provide.

Consult the WHO and CDC links below and you will see that if you first go to Peru (areas of which are endemic for YF) and thereafter go to Ecuador, the latter will require you to have a YF cert ( or valid med excuse). It matters not whether you actually enter into the endemic area of Peru as the Ecuadorian customs official will not be able to tell from looking at your passport where, exactly, you travelled while in Peru.

http://www.who.int/csr/ith%20annex1%202008.pdf

http://wwwn.cdc.gov/travel/yellowBookCh5-MalariaYellowFeverTable.aspx

Looking into a cruise from Valparaiso, Chile to San Francisco. The South American ports are Chile, Peru and Ecuador. Are vaccinations or visas neede for these ports? Thanks for any info you can provide.

Hi there. We got a yellow fever shot even though we are not visiting areas in Peru with yellow fever. The WHO site states that if you have been to Peru you must have a yellow fever shot if you plan to get off the ship in Costa Rica as Costa Rica requires proof of YF vaccination if you have been to any countries with yellow fever. Other posters have indicated either they weren't asked for proof or they had not visited an area in Peru that has yellow fever. My questions would be how do you know that YOU won't be asked to show proof of vaccination and how does a Costa Rican official know that you haven't visited an area in Peru that has yellow fever? Do they just take your word for it? We don't want to take the chance so we had our shots at the international travel clinic in Calgary -- cost us $280 for 2. Keep in mind that they don't like to give the shot to anyone over 60 and I believe in that case you obtain some form of certificate from your physician indicating why you aren't eligible for the shot and that is acceptable to the officials.

Archived