• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

How are MUTS?

denmarks

If you have been on a ship with movies under the stars I have a few questions. Is the screen only used at night for movies and off in the daytime? How is seating? I know the screen is above the outside pool where the actual pool takes up much of the area. Is there actually good seating? How crowded is it? Are seats actually available without arriving early?

The screen on the Emerald shows a 'morning show' with the cruise staff and movies in the afternoon. There are plenty of seats at the night movies. You can just pull up a deck chair. They put out chair covers and blankets on the seats for night movies.

On the Crown they had things playing all the time. They had football on when we boarded on Sunday and then they would play family type movies and shows during the day and then at night they'd play movies.

Sometimes it would get a bit crowded on the same deck as the pool, but when we went to the next one up there was always plenty of room and it was a great view of the movie screen and the sea.

Lol, when we were on Crown in Feb 08 they ran Disney's Cars one day and I have the Matr part memorized thanks to my kids and I kept reciting it and my wife got a little testy but it's fun. I would request that they use the closed captioning at night when it's windy I could barely hear the audio but we usually run the closed catpiioning at home since our dog always barks at the worst time and you miss something

It is very loud and obnoxious during the day. I cannot imagine a relaxing day at the pool with MUTS (stars, sun, whatever). You almost need ear plugs walking through that pool area.

I was beginning to think it was only me who couldn't tolerate the incessant base noise. Some ships are so overwhelming loud I can't believe people can actually sit though a whole movie. I don't know why they just don't broadcast the audio over an FM signal & hand out wireless headsets so people can actually enjoy the movie without disturbing the whole pool area.

I was beginning to think it was only me who couldn't tolerate the incessant base noise. Some ships are so overwhelming loud I can't believe people can actually sit though a whole movie. I don't know why they just don't broadcast the audio over an FM signal & hand out wireless headsets so people can actually enjoy the movie without disturbing the whole pool area.

Totally agree with you and Carolyn R, whose post I forgot to highlight also. Really loud, really obnoxious and intrusive. The headsets are a GREAT idea for the daytime -- we should all write that on our comment cards.

Totally agree with you and Carolyn R, whose post I forgot to highlight also. Really loud, really obnoxious and intrusive. The headsets are a GREAT idea for the daytime -- we should all write that on our comment cards.

They used to have them, don't know what happened. Most of Princess's larger ships have other pool areas, just avoid the one with MUTS during the day if it's not your thing.

It is very loud and obnoxious during the day. I cannot imagine a relaxing day at the pool with MUTS (stars, sun, whatever). You almost need ear plugs walking through that pool area.

Carolyn,

I couldn't agree more. We just hated MUTS on the sea Princess. There is only one real pool area, and it was just like having a big old T.V. in your face and in your ears most of the time. When sailing out of Montego Bay at night, we were on deck, enjoying the lights of the city and being on the ship, almost at sea.............and all of a sudden the screen lights up like neon with some kind of stupid advertisements for Princess. I felt like I was in Vegas or on the L.A. freeway or something:eek: Other times, everyone out there was glued to the soccer games. This could be taken care of in another area of the ship! One likes to relax by the pool and at least have live music or something you can't get at home.

Archived