Looking for a good place to stay --- Drury Inn not available

Cruiser@Heart

Hi! We are sailing on the Fantasy March 30. We were originally planning to come to New Orleans on that Sunday (due to work schedules), so I was able to get a room at the Drury Inn with the Cruise Special.

Well, things have changed so we are now able to arrive in New Orleans on Saturday and do some sight seeing.

Unfortunately, the Drury Inn does not have any rooms available for that Saturday. So, we are hoping to find a hotel for Saturday night. We are going to keep our reservation at the Drury for Sunday and then leave our car there for the cruise.

Suggestions on a place that would be a good place to stay for one night???

Hi! We are sailing on the Fantasy March 30. We were originally planning to come to New Orleans on that Sunday (due to work schedules), so I was able to get a room at the Drury Inn with the Cruise Special.

Well, things have changed so we are now able to arrive in New Orleans on Saturday and do some sight seeing.

Unfortunately, the Drury Inn does not have any rooms available for that Saturday. So, we are hoping to find a hotel for Saturday night. We are going to keep our reservation at the Drury for Sunday and then leave our car there for the cruise.

Suggestions on a place that would be a good place to stay for one night???

Maybe the Drury will have cancellation. I'd hate to have to change hotels from one night to the next. Did you check the HI French Quarter? They have a park 'n cruise package too. It's more expensive than the Drury but they might cut you a deal for staying two nights.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You might want to check with them again. When I first tried back in early Feb Drury Inn didn't have any rooms (March 28), I called this week and was able to get a suite.

I cancelled my other reservation for this room/suite. Yeah!

Michelle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm about to leave to the port to board the ship (yeh!!!! :D:D) but had to tell everyone about the Crowne Plaza airport location.

I stayed here last night pre-cruise. I got a prebooked rate of $90 online. The hotel was just recently updated and near I-10.

I had no problems finding the hotel. I was worried at first because there was a busload of teens also there. However, the front desk assured me that that group was placed in a back section away from the majority of the guest. I was placed in a quiet zone floor.

The room is very nice. The restroom is very spa-like with great towels,tile shower and adjustable showerhead.

The sleep advantage bed is to die for! I wanted to pack the bed, the nine pillows with me! You have a sitting nook with a comfy chair,local art prints on the wall and a 42 inch tv. They also have a sleep cd to help max your sleep time (you can also get earplugs,eyemask,etc). I normally don't sleep all night in hotels,but I went to bed at 12:30 a.m. and woke up a 9:00 a.m.

There's a Wal-Mart and Super Wal-Mart nearby. There are plenty of resturants and a mall near also.

I felt safe traveling alone and staying here.

While they don't offer a parking package, it's still a great hotel!!

I had to post this online for others to see.

• 5 months later...
I'm about to leave to the port to board the ship (yeh!!!! :D:D) but had to tell everyone about the Crowne Plaza airport location.

I stayed here last night pre-cruise. I got a prebooked rate of $90 online. The hotel was just recently updated and near I-10.

I had no problems finding the hotel. I was worried at first because there was a busload of teens also there. However, the front desk assured me that that group was placed in a back section away from the majority of the guest. I was placed in a quiet zone floor.

The room is very nice. The restroom is very spa-like with great towels,tile shower and adjustable showerhead.

The sleep advantage bed is to die for! I wanted to pack the bed, the nine pillows with me! You have a sitting nook with a comfy chair,local art prints on the wall and a 42 inch tv. They also have a sleep cd to help max your sleep time (you can also get earplugs,eyemask,etc). I normally don't sleep all night in hotels,but I went to bed at 12:30 a.m. and woke up a 9:00 a.m.

There's a Wal-Mart and Super Wal-Mart nearby. There are plenty of resturants and a mall near also.

I felt safe traveling alone and staying here.

While they don't offer a parking package, it's still a great hotel!!

I had to post this online for others to see.

Wow! It sounds very nice! I was looking at Hotwire and thought I identified the airport Crowne Plaza for a good rate. (Drury Inn is not available for our dates) How did you get from the airport to the hotel? and then from the hotel to the port? taxi's? if so, how much cost? I'm taking my 2 daughters and their friends (5 of us gals total) in a couple weeks and am looking for affordable accomodations but the idea of ground transportation is killing me! we come in on Saturday night and our cruise is on the Fantasy on Monday. Wondering if I will be better off renting a car, or doing taxi's, shuttles, whatever. Thanks for any input!

We are coming in during Mardi Gras and I was told that our hotel (Hampton Inn & Suites)does not pick up from the hotel but will take and or pick us up from the cruise port from and to the hotel. (funny thing is they are kinda almost across from the cruise pier any way) The hotel told us its about $15 taxi ride from airport to them so add a dollar or two more to get to the pier.

We are coming in during Mardi Gras and I was told that our hotel (Hampton Inn & Suites)does not pick up from the hotel but will take and or pick us up from the cruise port from and to the hotel. (funny thing is they are kinda almost across from the cruise pier any way) The hotel told us its about $15 taxi ride from airport to them so add a dollar or two more to get to the pier.[/QUOTe

I do not know where you got your information but from the New Orleans airport to the pier is a $30 dollar taxi for one and or two people-- rate set by the city.

BG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We're staying at the Place d'Armes two nights before our May 8th cruise, had great reviews and is about as centrally located in the FQ as you can get. If you want a fun place, try the Royal Street Inn, it's a 'Bed & Bar' located on Royal just across Esplanade. You should be able to get a balcony room for a good price and then you can have a blast on Frenchman Street. We wanted to stay there but have a 15 year old coming so a little too crazy for him...

Archived