• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Anyone done one of the 1 or 2 night Vancouver/Seattle cruises

cruiserbryce

How was it? Formal night? Shows? What goes on. In 2010 we are trying to take an alaska cruise from either Seattle or Vancouver and would think about flying into the other one and taking a cruise to our port

I think the formal question is really hit and miss. We did a 2 day from San Francisco to Vancouver and there was one formal nite. Then I have read other 2 days wherever they had no formal nites at all. It really is not consistant. I would think that a one day cruise would not have a formal nite.

marilyn

We did a 1 day on the Golden in '07, Seattle to Vancouver - connected with the Coral for a Canal Cruise to Ft. Lauderdale. No formal night, but be aware, at least on our cruise, we had to off load ALL our baggage by ourselves. Since we were going to be gone for another 17 days, no easy task!

The next leg of our voyage, Vancouver to San Francisco, for 2 nights also did not have a formal night. About half of the ship disembarked and a new group of passengers got on for the remainder 15 days - 3 formal nights.

Did have shows on both the Golden and the 2 nighter on the Coral. The Golden was, get on, eat, sleep and get off. Oh yeah, the luggage. :eek:

My wife and I tried to do the seattle/Vancouver 1 day then a Vancouver/LA 3 day repositioning cruise (we live in Seattle so it would have been handy) however they wouldn't let us, darn Jones Act.

On the 3 day to LA there was no formal night but had 2 shows to see and had a real relaxing time.

I have never heard of this. WE would have loved to book this for our Aug cruise tour in August but didn't see anything about it. We are flying into Seattle, with a Princess shuttle to Vancouver to meet up with the Island Princess the next day.

we would be going on a 7 day alaska trip so the luggage wouldnt be too bad...do we get a credit for the Captains Circle for this cruise?

Yes you do. I'm doing the 1-day Star Vancouver-Seattle in a Full Suite and getting 3 credits for it (travelling solo). A week later I'm doing a 3-day Coral LA-Vancouver and getting another 3 credits.

How was it? Formal night? Shows? What goes on. In 2010 we are trying to take an alaska cruise from either Seattle or Vancouver and would think about flying into the other one and taking a cruise to our port

And they don't call them booze cruises for nothing. The one nighters from here are usually quite heavily loaded with employees from the Princess Tours office here in town and travel agents, all of whom are out to blow off steam for one night.

My wife and I tried to do the seattle/Vancouver 1 day then a Vancouver/LA 3 day repositioning cruise (we live in Seattle so it would have been handy) however they wouldn't let us, darn Jones Act.

On the 3 day to LA there was no formal night but had 2 shows to see and had a real relaxing time.

I justed booked a one day Seattle to Vancouver,

then a 2 day Vancouver to San Francisco, on the same ship.

Is this a problem????

I justed booked a one day Seattle to Vancouver,

then a 2 day Vancouver to San Francisco, on the same ship.

Is this a problem????

It is a problem unless you are spending 24 hours in Vancouver between cruises. You might not be able to board the Vancouver.San Francisco leg.

Archived