• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

I want to update my expectations of the Legend/questions

KCSungirl

Hi Cruisers,

I cruised the Legend three years ago and it was one of my best cruises. I primarily hang out on Princess ships, but I am excited to go back to Carnival in two weeks.

I have some questions for those of you that would be kind enough to help me. I don't want my expectations to be out of whack based on my past experience on the Legend.

Is there WI FI on the ship? In the cabins? Does Carnival offer free Internet to VIP passengers?

How is the open seating dining set up? Is it a seperate dining room? That was not an option last time I cruised Carnival, but noticed it was mentioned in the dining requests.

My travel companion is a VIP member. What perks come with this besides priority embarkation?

I printed luggage tags on the computer. Does Carnival not send luggage tags out? Do the paper tags stay on the bags after all of the handling?

I would appreciate any comments/updates on the Legend. I am looking forward to the soft serve ice cream and network TV programming. Two things I can't get on Princess.

Party On! Sungirl

I can try to answer a few of your questions:

Legend only has 1 dining room (as do all spirit class ships). The anytime dining/open seating is held in the upper portion of the dining room. They still offer traditional seating with assigned table and time in the lower dining room. You have to choose one or the other. With open seating, you can go anytime within a specific time frame, like 6 pm to 9 pm and they will seat you as you arrive.

I believe there is Wi Fi available on all the ships, for a fee. I don't know if VIP passengers get it free.

VIP perks include priority embarkation, debarkation and tender boarding. Free laundry service, free stationery (might be personalized), I believe you get free canapes or something. I'm not VIP yet, so someone else can tell you more about that.

The luggage tags are the ones you printed out. Carnival doesn't send them out like they used to. If you put clear packing tape on them, it helps strengthen them. I've had no problems with them coming off. I attach them with zip ties.

I haven't been on Legend, but I LOVE 2 of her sister ships......Pride and Miracle. Very easy to find your way around, and I love the flat configuration of the pool and aft areas.

Enjoy! :)

Sue, thanks for taking the time to post. You were very helpful. I can't decide on which dining option will suit me. I have been using anytime dining for so long, but I don't want to miss something on the Legend by not taking assigned dining.

Does the WIFI in the cabins really work? Anyone have experience with this? I don't want to drag my computer unless I can really use it. It comes in handy for photos/downloads, however.

Thanks, Sungirl

Sue, thanks for taking the time to post. You were very helpful. I can't decide on which dining option will suit me. I have been using anytime dining for so long, but I don't want to miss something on the Legend by not taking assigned dining.

Does the WIFI in the cabins really work? Anyone have experience with this? I don't want to drag my computer unless I can really use it. It comes in handy for photos/downloads, however.

Thanks, Sungirl

We have done anytime dining on the Legend and enjoyed it. We found you had more of a chance to see everything with that choice. They use about 30% of the upper level of the dining room for anytime.

Re: WiFi in the cabins. Yes, it does work, but as is typical of all cruise ships it is slow. Cost is $100 for 250 minutes.

Depends on 'which' VIP you have...! If you book a Cat 11 or above, you get VIP boarding, etc...:D Nothing else...:o

If you are VIP because of Platinum (10 cruises or more), then you get the other perks that have been mentioned..:p

Archived