• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Keep Checking - Keep Checking Booked Flights

PittsburghGirlee

For the third year in a row, my flights have been changed without any notification from the airline what-so-ever. Since I am familiar with this, I no longer assume that the flight I originally booked will be the flight that I am on.:rolleyes:

I do not want to name the airline as I am sure most of them are doing this as well.:rolleyes:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK YOUR FLIGHTS UP TO THE DAY OF THE FLIGHT....

I am not sure what happens to those that do not have internet access unless they constantly call the air lines.

I hope this helps someone out that may be new to cruising or this site.:D

Our Local Airline has changed our May Flight to SEA four times. Our Sept. Flight to London three times.

AND, don't you just love their Policy if they offer a lower than what you booked?

If you don't like the way they do business, don't give them your business.

Lots of flight options from PIT. You just have to look beyond OLA.

You are so right. We were booked on a flight from Barcelona to JFK and then on a different carrier from JFK to Phoenix. Just recently I checked to make sure flight times hadn't changed. A good thing I did check. US Air had turned my nonstop flight from JFK to Phoenix into a 1 stop which would have added 3 hours to the trip. But what was worse, is that the flight time now had me leaving JFK before I even arrived from Barcelona:eek: I had booked on the net and they never even sent me a message on this change. When I called them to cancel and get a refund, they gave me a little static. But eventually I got them to refund the money. I then booked another carrier on a nonstop and ended up saving almost $200 in the process. You MUST check flights constantly. If I had waited, there would have been a very good chance that nothing reasonably priced on another carrier would have been available for me. So, so important to keep checking.

You raise a valid point.

However, in our case:

PIT/SEA, in May, we checked alternate carriers.

The return Flights didn't coincide with our time line.

We are still alright even though USA has changed our Flights.

PIT/LGW, in September, we used our FF Miles for one-way Flights to LGW.

Doing a Southampton/New York Cruise.

The only way that I found out about the Flight changes was Logging on.

USA didn't bother calling or E-Mailing.

We do appreciate all of your input on this Board.

Lots of flight options from PIT. You just have to look beyond OLA.

I understand your comment, but this pertains to several airlines that are now doing this, not just the one in particular that has done this to me.

I booked with this airline because it offered a great rate, which was $160.00 R/T PIT to ORD Direct. The price, direct flight and times were why I booked it in the first place. If I wanted to pay a much higher rate for USAIR or Southwest, I woulda used them. Even if I had, who is to say that they would not have done the same thing.

I am balming poor customer service on this:( and in this day and age when people are watching every dime, it would be better business practice to at least notify the passengers of changes.

They told me that they would send me an e-mail that day, but WHAT FOR??? I already knew at this point there was a change.:mad:

Just my 2 cents and GO STEELERS!!

I understand your comment, but this pertains to several airlines that are now doing this, not just the one in particular that has done this to me.

You write as if this is something new. SCHEDULES CHANGE. Always have. Get used to it. In fact, since this has happened to you, by your own admission, three years in a row, why the outrage over a schedule change?

I am balming poor customer service on this:( and in this day and age when people are watching every dime, it would be better business practice to at least notify the passengers of changes.

I keep wondering about why people "never" get told about changes. I get informed regularly, even for small changes of 5 or 10 minutes. I have to believe that there must be something about the passengers -- either super-aggressive spam filters or incomplete contact info or just a willful disregard.

Also note that when there are schedule changes, there are thousands of people who need to be re-accommodated. Airlines process them in a queue, and it may take a bit for them all to be handles.

Just my 2 cents

And mine - which can be summed up in one question: Do we really need to have the weekly (or sometimes more often than that) post warning "Check your reservations"?

Whatever FlyTalker,

I was not outraged just making a statement to help others. Sorry if this was beaten to death on previous threads, I just wanted to give those that are new and do not search a heads up.

It is comments like yours that makes me and others only read and not comment on these boards.

Have a nice flight, hope you always make yours on time:rolleyes:

Archived