Majesty of the Sea review

RRACING

Just got back from a 3 day Majesty of the Sea cruise. I went with my mom and 2 sisters. The 4 of us took a similar trip on the Carnival Line last year. In comparrison I must say that Carnival has a much better cruise than Royal Caribbean did. The food on the Majesty was just o.k. It was dissapointing that they did not have lobster tail that we so enjoyed on Carnival. The buffet on the Carnival had a larger selection. Our last night on the Majesty we decided to get something to eat around midnight and all they had was pizza or pay to go into Johnny Rockets. No room service was available the day we left so we missed our morning coffee befor getting off ship. Even the wait staff on the Carnival was more fun. The Majesty wait staff was so serious and seemed a bit irritated at times. The shows on the Majesty were also just o.k. First night was a comedian who was funny, but my elderly mother didn't understand most of what he said. Day 2 was a Motown review which I love but again there was no dancers or colorful costumes. day 3 was a music review. Great songs but a lack of costumes made it seem low budget. The shows on the Carnival were filled with bright costumes and dances that my mother absolutely loved. On the plus side, the rooms on the Majesty were small but very nice and updated. They had hair dryers which Carnival did not supply. They had some fun late night parties like the 70's night and the midnight buffet on deck one night. All said we had a great time because we love to have fun and enjoyed the best of everything. We will not go on a Royal Caribbean cruise again when we can have so much more fun on the Carnival.

We are big fans of Majesty of the Seas. We do prefer the four-day cruises to the three-day cruises on Majesty. We love the port call in Key West.

You didn't mention what you thought of Coco Cay, a special treat on the short Majesty cruises.

We sailed on Carnival Liberty once. That was my first and last cruise on Carnival. I liked it even less than you liked Majesty. The bedding on Liberty was very comfortable though.

What one enjoys in a cruise is very much a matter of taste. I know not everyone likes Majesty of the Seas. My brother-in-law and sister hated it, but they had such bad luck. Heavy rain the whole cruise and seas too heavy to go to Coco Cay. Their day in key West was great fortunately, the highlight of their cruise. They won't ever cruise Majesty again they say.

Just got back from a 3 day Majesty of the Sea cruise. I went with my mom and 2 sisters. The 4 of us took a similar trip on the Carnival Line last year. In comparrison I must say that Carnival has a much better cruise than Royal Caribbean did. The food on the Majesty was just o.k. It was dissapointing that they did not have lobster tail that we so enjoyed on Carnival. The buffet on the Carnival had a larger selection. Our last night on the Majesty we decided to get something to eat around midnight and all they had was pizza or pay to go into Johnny Rockets. No room service was available the day we left so we missed our morning coffee befor getting off ship. Even the wait staff on the Carnival was more fun. The Majesty wait staff was so serious and seemed a bit irritated at times. The shows on the Majesty were also just o.k. First night was a comedian who was funny, but my elderly mother didn't understand most of what he said. Day 2 was a Motown review which I love but again there was no dancers or colorful costumes. day 3 was a music review. Great songs but a lack of costumes made it seem low budget. The shows on the Carnival were filled with bright costumes and dances that my mother absolutely loved. On the plus side, the rooms on the Majesty were small but very nice and updated. They had hair dryers which Carnival did not supply. They had some fun late night parties like the 70's night and the midnight buffet on deck one night. All said we had a great time because we love to have fun and enjoyed the best of everything. We will not go on a Royal Caribbean cruise again when we can have so much more fun on the Carnival.

Thank you for posting your review. Enjoy whatever cruise line you sail on next.

Laura

Archived