• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Which Hilton For San Francisco precruise?

velvetred

My daughter and I are staying two nights precruise in San Francisco. I am a Hilton Honors member and would like to use points for our stay so not interested in non-Hilton hotels. Which Hilton would be the best one to stay for sightseeing and easy transport to the port? I noticed there is one in downtown, one in financial area, and one near Fisherman's Wharf. Thanks for any help.

all of these hotels are within just a couple of miles of each other. I would say neither has an advantage over the other. SF is a small town!!!

sightseeing is also in a small area--if you stick to the tourist sights.

Maybe some of the following may help:

Financial District Hilton - close to Chinatown and business district, across from Portsmouth Square. A bit far from the Union Square shopping area.

Fisherman's Wharf - this is a touristy area, and busy both at night and during the day. Lots going on and many touristy restaurants nearby.

O"Farrell Hilton - right in the middle of S.F., Union Square and major shops within a few blocks. A very big hotel, several towers, rooftop restaurant and other amenities.

All these hotels are within easy transport of your ship - however, in each case, you will need a taxi - too far to walk....

Maybe some of the following may help:

Financial District Hilton - close to Chinatown and business district, across from Portsmouth Square. A bit far from the Union Square shopping area.

Fisherman's Wharf - this is a touristy area, and busy both at night and during the day. Lots going on and many touristy restaurants nearby.

O"Farrell Hilton - right in the middle of S.F., Union Square and major shops within a few blocks. A very big hotel, several towers, rooftop restaurant and other amenities.

All these hotels are within easy transport of your ship - however, in each case, you will need a taxi - too far to walk....

Rickey88,

What is your favorite non-Hilton Fisherman's Wharf hotel? :confused:Barb

Rickey88,

What is your favorite non-Hilton Fisherman's Wharf hotel? :confused:Barb

This comes from having lived in S.F. for the first years of our married lives and having my wife's family still up there. So we have had many opportunities for trying different locales....

Right now, I'd say my favorite is the Argonaut, a Kimpton hotel on Jefferson near Fisherman's Wharf. A sort of a boutique hotel, but with it being built right in the old Cannery building, it has a sort of feel that the other glass, steel and concrete buildings lack....

Hilton -- the O'Farrel Location. It is a block away from Union Square and has best public transportation from there. It is a "conference" hotel. Just be a little alert when exiting the hotel -- walk always toward Union Square and not in the other direction(s).

I too plan to possibly use Hilton points on our next cruise in April. My DH would like to stay at the wharf but I have heard some not so great things about the Hilton Fisherman's Wharf property.

Can someone rate these in order of quality and location? These are the ones I have been considering.

Hilton FW

Sheraton FW

Hyatt FW

Argonaut

Best Western Tuscan Inn

Thanks, Barb

Archived