• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Youth Program Age Restrictions???

nancydee

I am taking my daughter and her best friend on thier 1st cruise in July.

The problem is that my DD is 14("Circle C" age group) and her BF is 15("Club O2" age group).

Does anyone know if they will they make exceptions to one of the clubs so they can hang out there?

TIA

Nancy

from what i've seen and understand, Carnival is pretty strict about the age groupings. Others have said to "ask nicely" and they may allow a trial switch to see how it works out for the kids. It may just come down to the descretion of the head counselor. It wouldn't hurt to ask, all they can say is no.

Happy sailing :)

Barb

The Club O2 woman said there is a 3-month window, so if your dd will be 15 within 3 months after sailing, they will let her move up. We sailed Jan 19 and my dd would be 15 on April 17, so she just made it by 2 days. Her boyfriend came with his mother and was already 15 and they just hung out together.

I am taking my daughter and her best friend on thier 1st cruise in July.

The problem is that my DD is 14("Circle C" age group) and her BF is 15("Club O2" age group).

Does anyone know if they will they make exceptions to one of the clubs so they can hang out there?

TIA

Nancy

Carnival is very strict about the ages...and sticking to the policy. It's an insurance liability thing. They definitely will not let the 14 year old mix with the 15-17 year olds...and they won't expose the younger kids in Circle C to an older teenager.....there would not be much for her to do with a bunch of 12,13 and 14 years olds. She will have much more fun anyway in the older group....more age appropriate.

I am a little worried about this. Our next sailing will be with a group of families from our baseball team. Of all of the kids going, my son is going to be the only one not yet 12 (he'll be 4 months shy). He will have to be the only one wearing a wrist band and the only one that is not able to go to Circle "C". I'm really hoping that either they give an exception or the boys just decide to hang out at the pool all day!

Archived