• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Fishing Ketchican

irwins0001

What private fishing boat do u recommend for a party of 5?

Thanks!

Any of them.

Just call the operators directly, don't work through a broker or the ship, ask lots of questions about how they run their trips, and pick the one or two that sound best to you.

No sport fishing vessel in SE Alaska may fish more than 6 anglers, so your party of 5 will fill most boats nicely. Any self-respecting charter guide will happily book the whole boat for your party of 5 (finding ONE person to fill a boat is often next to impossible.)

Lastly, check the safety ratings for the boat you've chosen. http://www.mxak.org/fivestar/5star.htm

Happy Alaska Travels!

-Case

Yes, they are still in operation. Friends are booked with them for their end of May cruise on the Millenium. When you call, ask to speak with Carla.

Just a note about the smaller operations in Alaska: they tend to still work a lot the old-fashioned, brick-and-mortar, pen and paper, telephone and mail, way of running things. The Internet can be tricky up there and most prefer dealing with people directly on the phone.

So, I'm not surprised that KCB would have slightly outdated webpages... I don't think that their rates have changed that much: $165pp instead of $160 for the 4-hour trip, for example (if my memory serves me right).

Think of it as your first taste of that down-to-earth hospitality these Alaskan small service providers have made their excellent reputations on...:D

Archived