• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Ladies a Swimsuit Question

TransplantedOkies

Well, not only do I have many cute bathing suits and want to get to wear them, the major reason is that I dislike wearing a wet suit the next day. Most times it just doesn't dry completely before the next time I put it on. So I generally bring 2 suits. I wear one the first day, the other the next day while the first one is drying. Then I wear the first one again the third day while the second one is drying. Etc.

Men's bathing suits tend to dry a lot quicker than ladies' suits do, so they can get away with one bathing suit.

I take 2 swim suits for sure. Don't like putting on a wet one.

Also, always pack my swim suits in my carry-on. If the luggage goes missing, I can shop for t-shirts, shorts etc. BUT I don't want the hassle of "maybe" finding the right swim suit in the ship's store. :eek:

If you only have 1 and it looks good and feels good, you're under no obligation to buy another!

Most women simply have more than 1--and they want to wear them!

My suits dry quickly---I rinse the pool water off under the outdoor shower, then sit in the sun until I'm dry! The suit will be almost totally dry by the time I'm back in the cabin. Since I rinsed BEFORE I took the suit off, it's not dirty---hang it up to finish drying--and your 1 suit will be dry tomorrow!

For me I always bring a backup suit. I too don't like putting on a wet swimsuit, but more than that I don't want to be swimsuit less if something happens to the first suit (for example, gets torn which has happened to me on a few excursions). Yes, you sometimes can buy new suits onboard the ship but the selection is very limited, and I am definitely NOT one of the sizes offered onboard.

I always put one swimsuit in my carryon as someone mentioned above. I bring 3 for a ten to fourteen day cruise. I like to actually wash out my suits (soap) after wearing so it takes a while for them to dry in the cabin. Rinsing off the chlorine at the pool shower doesn't seem to actually clean the swimsuit to make it suitable to wear again. IMO. :o Wouldn't it be like re-wearing unwashed underwear? :eek:

I always put one swimsuit in my carryon as someone mentioned above. I bring 3 for a ten to fourteen day cruise. I like to actually wash out my suits (soap) after wearing so it takes a while for them to dry in the cabin. Rinsing off the chlorine at the pool shower doesn't seem to actually clean the swimsuit to make it suitable to wear again. IMO. :o Wouldn't it be like re-wearing unwashed underwear? :eek:

I agree! I forgot to mention that I wash mine in my cabin and hang up in the shower to dry, after each time I wear it!

I have 15 or 20 swimsuits (I slowly collected them, and when I just counted the other day I was amazed) I will probably bring 6 or 7 with me, for a 5 day cruise but a 10 day vacation. But if I only had one I would just bring the one, I just obviously have a shopping issue.

I have 15 or 20 swimsuits (I slowly collected them, and when I just counted the other day I was amazed) I will probably bring 6 or 7 with me, for a 5 day cruise but a 10 day vacation. But if I only had one I would just bring the one, I just obviously have a shopping issue.

This is me! I narrowed down my choices to about 7 today for a 5 day cruise. It depends on how much I eat! :D

This is me! I narrowed down my choices to about 7 today for a 5 day cruise. It depends on how much I eat! :D

Haha ok I feel better now that I know I am not the only one. All these posts about one or two suits was making me feel bad.

I was thinking the same thing. How could the suit possibly be clean by just rinsing off in the shower before taking the suit off? I always bring bathing suit cleaner with me and hand wash my suits and hang up to dry. I always bring 2 or 3 suits (depending on length of cruise), but I find if I put my suit on the balcony, it dries overnight. I loop the suit through the straps attached to the chair on the balcony so it doesn't blow away.

Haha ok I feel better now that I know I am not the only one. All these posts about one or two suits was making me feel bad.

I'm the same as you two! For some reason I have always loved swimsuits, and have to get 1 or 2 new ones every spring. For our 7 day cruise in a few days I narrowed it down to 5. :D My DH only brings 1, maybe 2!

I second the one to wear and one to dry, but there are other reasons.

I might have a really active excursion where I don't want to wear a bathing suit that might easily come off, so I pack a one piece for that. There is always a possibility that something could break, our you might get a sunburn that makes one suit more uncomfortable than another.

Archived