Norwegian GEM Obstructed View

na6781

Does anyone know which room in Category G - Deck 8 (Obstructed view) on Norwegian GEM has least amount of obstructed view? Is it obstructed 25%, 50%, 75% or 100%.? Any other input on the cruise will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Does anyone know which room in Category G - Deck 8 (Obstructed view) on Norwegian GEM has least amount of obstructed view? Is it obstructed 25%, 50%, 75% or 100%.? Any other input on the cruise will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

We were on the Jewel, Deck 8 obstructed view, last summer. I believe the Gem is exactly the same, which means that the first 3 category G "obstructed view" cabins on each side (8050, 8052, 8054, 8550, 8552, 8554) have virtually no obstruction--maybe 10%.

NCL says rooms 8050, 8052, 8054, 8550, 8552, 8554 are not part of Category G...

Any other rooms you might be aware of which has minimal obstructed view.

Thanks

They're still color-coded as category G on the deck plans on ncl.com and in the brochures. But I've noticed that when I try to choose them, the message says they're not in that category. Have you tried talking to a live person at NCL? They were definitely category G last year on the Jewel, but we also booked about a year in advance.

We just had cabin 8064 for 21 days on the Jade. It has a view between life boats, so we could see the water and the deck below (promenade deck), but that hook thing is right there, but one is able to look around to see views. I agree that there sure seem to be a bunch of workers out there on the catwalks! Plus the bright lights all night can be a bit daunting, but we really enjoyed the savings, and we still had a good view when viewing from certain spots - we took some photos from our window that do not show any obstruction at all! (Much better than some rooms with just a porthole, that is for sure, as this is a BIG window!)

Archived