• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Best Bar on the Spirit

Whiskers1

To all you verteran Spirit cruisers, do any of you have a favorite bartender/bar that you frequent on the Spirit. When we travel we like to go to the same spot for our first drinks of the day or last. We like to get to know the bartenders and to meet up with friends. Who gets your votes or not? Also are the drink tastings fun? Thanks so much.

Sylvia :p

I haven't been on since may, but we liked going to the shanghai bar. I don't remember his name but there was a really nice jamaican bartender there that always suggested some great drinks whenever we asked for something different. We would talk to him for about an hour a day while we were there.

To all you verteran Spirit cruisers, do any of you have a favorite bartender/bar that you frequent on the Spirit. When we travel we like to go to the same spot for our first drinks of the day or last. We like to get to know the bartenders and to meet up with friends. Who gets your votes or not? Also are the drink tastings fun? Thanks so much.

the one that sells drinks...

Nita

Maharini's looks nice. I haven't been on the Spirit yet so can't be sure. I also readd the Bier Garten grill can be fun.

I always have liked the Great Outdoors on the back of the Jewel. Sit, relax, have a cocktail or two, and watch the scenery. I guess we'll just have to explore when we get there.

Are the drink tasting fun? You bet they are!!:)

Champagne Charlie's !!!! Edgardo from the Phiilipines is the BEST bartender on the high seas!!

Thanks! I'll make a note. Do they do the champagne tasting there? Martini tasting? Or, is it mainly just an evening type of venue?

At Champagne Charlie's Edgardo did a "martini tasting" - a "mojitos tasting" and a "margarita tasting" on our cruise...the martini and margarita were already scheduled but due to popular demand and a vocal group we wer able to "budget" from the H & B director the mojitos tasting... No "Champagne tasting" though

Each one is $15 per person (but you can share (2 people) - it was easily the most worth it $15 we spent (actually $45 since we did all three tastings) and so much fun! lots of our CC people were there too this was on the August 2008 sailing out of NYC

The bar actually opens at 2 pm until "whenever"..it overlooks the atrium and during the course of the day several "acts" perform right there...there are comfy couches as well as bar stools. It is probably my favorite indoor space of all (DAWN, SPIRIT, GEM) besides the Spas of the GEM and DAWN (in that order) - Otherwise I am never really indoors on a cruise.

LeBistro also offers a "Wine tasting" with Italian wines..I really wanted to do this to learn about wine but don' t remember why we didn't go..hmm

Biergarten Grill also offered a "Beer tasting" and had a second session of the "Margarita tasting" as well each of those were also $15 pp

At Champagne Charlie's Edgardo did a "martini tasting" - a "mojitos tasting" and a "margarita tasting" on our cruise...the martini and margarita were already scheduled but due to popular demand and a vocal group we wer able to "budget" from the H & B director the mojitos tasting... No "Champagne tasting" though

Each one is $15 per person (but you can share (2 people) - it was easily the most worth it $15 we spent (actually $45 since we did all three tastings) and so much fun! lots of our CC people were there too this was on the August 2008 sailing out of NYC

The bar actually opens at 2 pm until "whenever"..it overlooks the atrium and during the course of the day several "acts" perform right there...there are comfy couches as well as bar stools. It is probably my favorite indoor space of all (DAWN, SPIRIT, GEM) besides the Spas of the GEM and DAWN (in that order) - Otherwise I am never really indoors on a cruise.

LeBistro also offers a "Wine tasting" with Italian wines..I really wanted to do this to learn about wine but don' t remember why we didn't go..hmm

Biergarten Grill also offered a "Beer tasting" and had a second session of the "Margarita tasting" as well each of those were also $15 pp

Thank you for this great, descriptive reply. :)

I wa interested in the "wine tasting". I guess I just had "champagne" on the brain after asking about Champagne Charlie's.

We will definitely give it a try. That, and the martini tasting!

We really liked Henry's Pub on the Spirit. It's quieter than the other bars and we found it more relaxing than the other places. My other half swears the drinks were stiffer there than everywhere else too (I wouldn't know as I drink tequila shots when I drink).

The music was really good too. It was never crowded and we never had to wait for a drink. We also liked moving from the bar to the deck outside.

We really liked Henry's Pub on the Spirit. It's quieter than the other bars and we found it more relaxing than the other places. My other half swears the drinks were stiffer there than everywhere else too (I wouldn't know as I drink tequila shots when I drink).

The music was really good too. It was never crowded and we never had to wait for a drink. We also liked moving from the bar to the deck outside.

Henry's Pub sounds really nice. I like relaxed and quiet too. We'll try it!

We thought the drinks in the "pub place" on one of the other ships were stronger too. Wonder why that is?

hey George, who gives them away???

Nita

what's up, nothing, just planning our next couple of cruises..

Your's truly. Pat and Dianne seemed to like my pours ;). And nobody had any issues with the Bloody Mary's. Can't believe we still had about 1/3 bottle of Vodka that I hope the crew put to good use.

Hi, A group of people from Wisconsin were on the Spirit in Jan. Our favorite bar was on deck 12 back of the ship.Our favorite bar server was Roshan, he was great ! a very friendly guy. If you get there say hello to him from the group from Wis.

Thanks, Sandy

Champagne Charlie's !!!! Edgardo from the Phiilipines is the BEST bartender on the high seas!!

Would that be Edgardo the popper? or Edgardo the prince? There are 3 on board haha

Raffles Terrace overlooking the back of the boat is a good place! Robert pours a mean drink!!

Archived