• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

onboard account cash payment

twosea

is there a minimum amount required by ncl if you are paying your account in cash...i have pre-figuired the cost of tips, shore excursions, some adult beverages, a few pay restaurants, and an incidental or two...i have not counted the obc i have already...(it is a 7 day cruise)...i figuire the obc is my extra padding...thanks for any input...dolores

Hi,

My husband and I have used cash every time and have never had a minimum. my 21 year old only put 150 cash on her OBC (of course she used my card alot) ha ha....

We have never had a problem

Hmmm.. Interesting. Did you give them a credit card at the beginning of the cruise and then pay the balance off in cash? Or did you have a goodly amount of OBC already on your account before boarding?

NCL charges the service charge everyday. $12 per person. They at least want that amount upfront. I've heard around $300. As your onboard charges accumulate, they will inform you to add more money. In fact, your sail cards will be declined until you do.

OP ~ If you have a credit card that you can give them at the beginning of the cruise, you won't have to give them any cash upfront, and at the end of the cruise, you can pay your balance off in cash. That's the most convenient way.

Hmmm.. Interesting. Did you give them a credit card at the beginning of the cruise and then pay the balance off in cash? Or did you have a goodly amount of OBC already on your account before boarding?

NCL charges the service charge everyday. $12 per person. They at least want that amount upfront. I've heard around $300. As your onboard charges accumulate, they will inform you to add more money. In fact, your sail cards will be declined until you do.

OP ~ If you have a credit card that you can give them at the beginning of the cruise, you won't have to give them any cash upfront, and at the end of the cruise, you can pay your balance off in cash. That's the most convenient way.

Hi,

No we never give them a credit card. My 21 year old had her own room with our 16 year old. and my 21 year old only put down 150. This was in October. We have used cash everytime we cruise.

is there a minimum amount required by ncl if you are paying your account in cash...i have pre-figuired the cost of tips, shore excursions, some adult beverages, a few pay restaurants, and an incidental or two...i have not counted the obc i have already...(it is a 7 day cruise)...i figuire the obc is my extra padding...thanks for any input...dolores

Some people are more comfortable carrying cash around then others. With that said I ALWAYS pay cash up front. I put anywhere from $500.00 to $1,000.00 down at the very start of the cruise and get my receipt and KEEP THAT SAFE..:) On the last night along with your bill you will get a check for the overage you paid from NCL.. I like to close the Account out late the last night and get my cash at the Desk with no hassle. Doing it that way also let's you give your final bill a look without being distracted by having to jump off the ship or catch a plane right away. That's the way I have always done it on Carnival and Royal Caribbean and I will have my first cruise with NCL and plan to do things the same way there as well unless they do things different and I guess I would find out then.. Take Care and have Fun..

Hi,

No we never give them a credit card. My 21 year old had her own room with our 16 year old. and my 21 year old only put down 150. This was in October. We have used cash everytime we cruise.

This is very perplexing. LOL. Were your children on your onboard account? $150 doesn't cover the weeks service charge at $40 a day. So they let you carry a balance with no credit card and $150?? I'm baffled. Your last name wouldn't happen to be Sheehan, would it? :p

Archived