Royal Suite Life on Liberty 2/7-2/14

cmkallen

Hello Everybody

Just got back from a 7 night W. Caribbean on Liberty of the Seas a few days ago. MY wife is stayed down in Florida for the rest of the week with the kids so I will post the pictures when she gets back.

We Flew in Friday night at midnight and stayed at the Holiday INN port of Miami. Yes we had to ring the buzzer to get in but we warned the front desk before we arrived.

Went to the ship early on at 10AM and went right thru registration and were on board by 11AM. There was a wedding party checking in at the same time which was interesting to watch.

We started touring the ship right away. My 8 year old boy is a WWE wrestling fan so he demanded we go right to the wrestling ring(boxing ring) so he could practice his moves. I could have left him in there for hours for he was having a ball jumping on the ropes.

We did head to the WJ for a quick lunch until our room was ready at 1

I did not tell my wife I booked the Royal Suite so as we entered the double doors I had to cover my kids ears a "holy Sh@#" came out of her mouth.

My little girl (6) and son kept telling her we had a pool(jacuzzi) on our balcony but she did not believe them.

Perks were still there for the Suite.

Just to let you know we had Towel Animals every night. We Had Chocolates and a bottle of Champaign waiting for us.

The concierge club was open for us. My wife was in heaven with cappuccino 24 hours a day for free. We had access to movies for kids. Free drinks every night from 5 to 8pm. They even let us take the drinks out because we could not bring our kids in. They did cut the crayons out of the main dining room but our waiter REX brought markers for my daughter every night.

Muster drill was a breeze. We went down right at 4:15 so you do not have to stand forever with the kids.

Our suite attendant was perfect for us. She introduced herself the first hour we were in our room and then never bothered us again. When we left for breakfast or dinner she was immediately in our room making it up.

Food in the main dining room and windjammer were good. Yes we had Lobster on the second formal night.

We did do the meet/mingle. It was pretty much a bust. Not a lot of people were there. I was waiting for somebody to bring up a cabin crawl but nobody did. I would have been willing to show the Royal Suite to everybody. My daughter wanted to go ice skating so we left pretty quickly.

We had to disable our door bell. We had ding dong ditchers! It was cute the first night but got annoying at day 3.

Sorry, I am kind of jumping around a bit but with out the pictures its a little more difficult than I thought.

MORE TO COME!

OP- I was on the same sailing and the at same Meet n Mingle. I concur the group dynamic was not optimal - it was a bust. However it also reflected the precruise roll call thread. Not sure why, but it was not a social group. Oh well, perhaps your next one will be better.

On our last cruise - Panama Canal on Serenade one of our critics had the Royal Suite and hosted a great passing thru the Canal party in the suite. I also would have participated in a cabin crawl as we were very happy with our "pedestrian" hump junior suite.

Hey Alan and cmkallen. Welcome Back! :D I'm glad you enjoyed your respective suites. The Royal Suite must have been an amazing surprise.

It's odd that some roll calls just aren't very social. There was very little pre-cruise chatter on our Grandeur roll call, but strangely we had a really good turnout at the Meet & Mingle, we just didn't know who a lot of the people were. :)

I look forward to your reviews, I'm sure you had a nice time. :D

• 9 months later...

Archived