• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Galaxy - Need quick answer

dsdancer

We are leaving this Friday 2/20 on the Galaxy out of PR. We will probably board about 5:00pm and sail time is 9:00. My understanding is that the dining room is open for dinner. Does anyone know what time your luggage usually comes, not sure how we could change for dinner. I realize you don't have to be dressed up, but would be nice if we could get out of our travel clothes.

Thanks,

DS

I always carry a change of top and my touch up makeup in my carry on so I can freshen up before dinner if need be. Out of the last 5 or 6 cruises, my luggage was "late for dinner" just once tho. Some people, even if they have luggage, appear not to have changed after arrival on the ship.

If you are boarding around 5pm you will probably be given the late open dinner seating for the first night. Muster will be between the two dinner assignments. There is a very good chance that your luggage will be in your cabin before you go to dinner. However, eandj is right. On our cruise Jan.30 many people were dressed casual, including shorts for our early seating.

Enjoy your cruise.

Things might have changed but on a late departure (we left SJU at 10pm) the first night was OPEN seating in the MDR. There were no assigned tables or times.

This is correct. no assignment first night, also wear whatever you want first night as restaurant manager understands that pax don't have their luggage. As previous mentioned pretty much anything goes in MDR first night including shorts and T shirts.

Enjoy your cruise , we did :)

spamwhiches

We are leaving this Friday 2/20 on the Galaxy out of PR. We will probably board about 5:00pm and sail time is 9:00. My understanding is that the dining room is open for dinner. Does anyone know what time your luggage usually comes, not sure how we could change for dinner. I realize you don't have to be dressed up, but would be nice if we could get out of our travel clothes.

Thanks,

DS

Hi,:) is there a reason you are boarding so late? Even though

she doesn't sail till late you can board the ship starting about

1pm:DI sailed her last month and was on board early.

Had my luggage in the middle of the afternoon.

I always pack a set of clothing in my carry-on for the first

evening's dinner. I always take a shower and change out

of those travel clothes:)

Dinner is open seating but its still 2 different times. No way can

they fit everyone at one seating.

Have a wonderful time:)

Archived