• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Lattitudes = savings or not?

coaster

Just booked a 9 night sailing on the Dawn in December after months of looking at different options. I indicated on NCL's pricing site that I was a Latitudes member. Booked direct with NCL over the phone after the rate was shown. Checking pricing afterwards, I left out the Latitudes indicator by oversight. Price was the same for the booking as a new NCL cruiser.

I pulled up NCL's Latitude page and included in the list of benefits is the following phrase:

'Latitudes pricing on all sailings'.

I have checked prices on the Sky in the past and even with the very low regular rates, Latitudes resulted in a discount. Anyone else think the information on the NCL website is misleading at the very least? Is it worth it to contact the Latitudes department? They are closed as I write this.

Just call ant NCL rep and have them add your latitudes number and have them reprice it to inlude the latitudes discount.

Al

Thanks Al. Already tried that, the pricing is the same when I called NCL back today.

I pulled up NCL's Latitude page and included in the list of benefits is the following phrase:

'Latitudes pricing on all sailings'.

I have checked prices on the Sky in the past and even with the very low regular rates, Latitudes resulted in a discount. Anyone else think the information on the NCL website is misleading at the very least? Is it worth it to contact the Latitudes department? They are closed as I write this.

I too think this is misleading. In January when I was looking to book for May, I tried pricing with and without Latitudes and the price was the same. I called the Latitudes desk the the person said that the advanced fare is lower than the Latitudes fare. I plan to check the fare as the date gets closer to see if I can find a Latitudes fare on my sailing, just as a test.

Really sometimes Latitudes does not lower the price. You get other benefits when you get on board. But you want them to tag your reservation with your latitudes number so that you get credit for the cruise. Nancy

Really sometimes Latitudes does not lower the price. You get other benefits when you get on board. But you want them to tag your reservation with your latitudes number so that you get credit for the cruise. Nancy

NCL tagged my reservation even though my card is long gone. I have sailed with them 5 times in the past so I was in the system. It would be a non-issue if their website didn't say that the Latitudes rate applies on 'all' sailings. Latitudes rate applicable on select sailings....fine. Latitudes rate not available on all sailings in fine print at the bottom...fine.

Here is the page below. No small print or disclaimers to be found.

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=LatitudesBenefits

Archived