• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Destiny 6134

tumh20

It is not an upgrade. We got the balcony guarantee, which guarantees an 8A and the Carnival website , on my log in states Cabin assignment 6134, 8A. Fine with us, we needed 4 beds and it seems to have the upper and sofa bed for kids.

We just came off the 2/9 sailing of the Destiny. It's not your exact cabin, but we had 6215, which was also a balcony cabin (8B) with a couch/bed and upper. Here are some pics:

From the entry door looking in:

IMG_1165.jpg

From the balcony door, looking back...you can see the couch...the upper is still in the ceiling, as this is when we just arrived into the room and it wasn't set up for sleeping yet.

IMG_1163.jpg

The girls beds. This is how the room was left after the first night...with the upper down and the couch as a bed.

IMG_1221.jpg

The girls on the balcony:

IMG_1164.jpg

For what it's worth...I'm also doing a (slow but sure) review of our sailing. It's not the most entertaining review, but hopefully full of lots of info!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=929952

Also, another CC member who was on the cruise has a review up as well:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=930539

Have a great time! She's a wonderful ship!!

Thanks cuppycake mom! We have been watching that cuppycake girl .on youtube. You must love the song too.

I have been reading your review and the other one. Love to read them all, on the Destiny and especially the eastern itinerary.

We were on the Norwegian Pearl last spring and enjoyed a smaller breakfast buffet on the aft outer deck,not so crowded.

Are there are other smaller alternatives to the b'fast buffet or breakfast dining room?

Now I need to go hear what song you are talking about, as I have no clue :confused:. Cuppycake is an old old nickname, and now that I'm a mom...well...you get it.

In any case...there was no other "smaller" choice really for breakfast that we were aware of. That doesn't mean it didn't exist, I guess!

There is always the option of ordering continental breakfast through room service to enjoy on your own private balcony!! We loved doing this. There were slips in the cabin that you could hang out on your door at night and indicate the time you wanted them to deliver to your cabin. Each morning we had juice/coffee/croissants/danish. It was wonderful!

Thanks cuppycake mom! We have been watching that cuppycake girl .on youtube. You must love the song too.

I have been reading your review and the other one. Love to read them all, on the Destiny and especially the eastern itinerary.

We were on the Norwegian Pearl last spring and enjoyed a smaller breakfast buffet on the aft outer deck,not so crowded.

Are there are other smaller alternatives to the b'fast buffet or breakfast dining room?

Let me chime in here :) Yes, there was another, smaller buffet for breakfast in the aft pool area of the ship. It was much less crowded and no line for the omelet station the mornings we went.

Tumh20,

Please remember this is a completely OPEN forum. One must be registered to post, but anyone on the planet can READ all posts on this board. You just posted your cabin number and sail date. You probably would not do that had you thought about it.

Dan

Archived