• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Tabyana or Fins n flippers?

brownies95

We are looking at things to do in Roatan and have narrowed it down to either Tabyana beach or fins n flippers. Has anyone been to both places? If so, which one did you prefer? Which one had the better beach? How was the snorkeling? The food? We will have our two kids ages 17 and 11 with us, if that helps. One more thing..were there lockers there to put your belongings in.

Thanks for your help!

Tim:cool:

We are looking at things to do in Roatan and have narrowed it down to either Tabyana beach or fins n flippers. Has anyone been to both places? If so, which one did you prefer? Which one had the better beach? How was the snorkeling? The food? We will have our two kids ages 17 and 11 with us, if that helps. One more thing..were there lockers there to put your belongings in.

Thanks for your help!

Tim:cool:

Just spoke with a friend of mine fresh off the Valor. He has been to Tabyana and just went to fins&flippers for the first time on this trip. He liked fins&flippers better. He said the place was really nice and had nice clean facilities. Also said the food was good and reasonably priced. It is also like a sort of wildlife habitat, with the owner being a zoologist. Hope this helps. Bill.

I haven't been to Tabyana, but was at Fins and Flippers last week. Fins and Flippers has a nice pool area, clean changing/rest rooms, gift shop and a nice outside bar / restaurant. The pool area is elevated, you go down steps or a ramp to reach the beach. The beach area is nice, with a long pier that ends at the snorkeling reef. Lots of chairs/shade available ; both on the beach and in the pool area. There are usually no more than 20-30 people there most days, so it is a very relaxing setting.

The beach area at Tabayana is probably larger, with a lot more people based on the pictures I've seen.

The shuttle boat to Fins and Flippers takes exactly 3 minutes, you can literally see fins and flippers across from the cruise pier. You turn right after leaving the pier area, then walk about the length of a football field to their dock. It has a large thatch roof hut at the end. We ate fundidos, (a black bean/ melted cheese dish with fresh fried tortilla chips) and Port Royal Fried Shrimp with plantain chips. The entrees were $6 each, the local beers were $2 each. Entry to Finsandflippers is $20 each with a reservation, or $25 each without one ,plus tax. Snorkeling gear is $8, a vest is $5 for the day.

I haven't been to Tabyana, but was at Fins and Flippers last week. Fins and Flippers has a nice pool area, clean changing/rest rooms, gift shop and a nice outside bar / restaurant. The pool area is elevated, you go down steps or a ramp to reach the beach. The beach area is nice, with a long pier that ends at the snorkeling reef. Lots of chairs/shade available ; both on the beach and in the pool area. There are usually no more than 20-30 people there most days, so it is a very relaxing setting.

The beach area at Tabayana is probably larger, with a lot more people based on the pictures I've seen.

The shuttle boat to Fins and Flippers takes exactly 3 minutes, you can literally see fins and flippers across from the cruise pier. You turn right after leaving the pier area, then walk about the length of a football field to their dock. It has a large thatch roof hut at the end. We ate fundidos, (a black bean/ melted cheese dish with fresh fried tortilla chips) and Port Royal Fried Shrimp with plantain chips. The entrees were $6 each, the local beers were $2 each. Entry to Finsandflippers is $20 each with a reservation, or $25 each without one ,plus tax. Snorkeling gear is $8, a vest is $5 for the day.

Was Fundidos by their pier?

I debated on this very thing for weeks. I just couldn't pass up the beach I saw on all the pictures of Tabayana. Plus the bus ride to the beach is actually something I'm looking forward to, I'd like to see atleast a little of the country other than the pier area and the beach. The snorkeling seems comparable, from the reports I read.

• 7 months later...

From what I've read on these boards [see Fins and Flippers no more] says that Fins and Flippers has changed it's name and pricing. The new fee is reported to be $50 pp per day. I think they are working with the cruiselines to become a cruise excursion.

Archived