• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

May Honeymoon - Princess or Celebrity?

I don't think you could go wrong with either one. Princess and Celebrity are both nice lines. The Ruby Princess is a brand new ship (just entered service in November).

Personally, I would probably go with Princess because it can be as formal or laid-back as you want (from what I recall of our Celebrity cruise, they tend to be a bit more formal throughout). We did Princess in the Med several years ago and loved having the anytime dining option. The itinerary was so port intensive that it was nice to be able to come back, get cleaned up and then decide when we wanted to eat. To be honest, there were some nights we just went to the buffet for dinner and watched Movies Under the Stars without having to get dressed up at all. We did get dressed up and enjoy formal nights too.

Thanks flhokie.. That's what I liked more about the princess cruises was that they seem to be less formal than celebrity.. it's our honeymoon and we want it to be as laid back as possible.. A couple of formal nights are fine, but to have formal nights every night is something we both definitely want to avoid esp after a long day visiting a city!

Thanks flhokie.. That's what I liked more about the princess cruises was that they seem to be less formal than celebrity.. it's our honeymoon and we want it to be as laid back as possible.. A couple of formal nights are fine, but to have formal nights every night is something we both definitely want to avoid esp after a long day visiting a city!

Celebrity doesn't have formal nights every night. As well, you can't go wrong with either cruisline. Friends of ours swear by Celebrity, where we love what Princess has to offer. We'll try a different line..one day! :)

But, I think it really comes down to your budget, what type of cruising experience you're looking for and which ports appeal to you more. Woth what you've said up top...you'll find Princess fits the bill!!

Enjoy and happy honeymooning!!

We're getting married in May and planning to spend our honeymoon on a cruise in the Mediterranean.. The two that best fit our dates and holidays are Celebrity Summit & Princess Ruby.. Now, we can't decide between the two, since we haven't been cruising before.. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance :)

For our wedding we were trying to decide between those two and we decided for Celebrity. The reviews are awesome and everyone says that the cruise has all the little details that makes it more luxurious. But they also say that is more "formal", which is fine by me because it is for the wedding.

I suggest you go to the boards for both cruises and read all the reviews, that might help you decide which one is better for you.

Archived