• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Does Aruba Have A Zoo or Aviary?

lovetocruise99

We've done Jolly Pirates twice and would like to do something different this time with my 13 year old DD who loves animals. Does Aruba have a zoo, bird aviary or anything along this line? If not, is there any other kind of animal place/encounter there? Aruba is our last stop and we're trying to limit the time in the sun. Last time she was sunburned so bad on Jolly Pirates her legs were swelled for two days.

There are:

Butterfly Farm, Ostrich Farm or the Donkey Sanctuary. The Ostrich Farm is a business and charges an entry fee and the Donkey Sanctuary is just that, a sanctuary, and survives on donations.

We thought that the Ostrich Farm was a tourist trap. Where else would you have to pay admission and then pay for feed to feed 'THEIR' animals? :rolleyes:

Check out Aruba's Butterfly Farm and Aruba Donkey Sanctuary.

So what happended and how can i possibly warn my daughter -- and i guess i should really book a horseback riding trip after that anyway, huh?

Are you referring to the bad sunburn? Actually it was probably more my fault than hers. There's limited shade on the Jolly Pirates boat so if you don't get there first you're in the full sun for the duration. The sun and the wind felt so good that we didn't realize how much sun we were getting, plus we were jumping in and out of the water snorkeling and toweling off in between. She's also on a medication that intensifies the sun (I realized this later!) so it was a double whammy.

It makes good sense to purchase kids an SPF protected swim shirt.

Billabong and Under Armor make these.

They are def cool enough for teenagers and will protect them fm the sun.

Why not try an ABC LandRover tour? You will have a short visit to the ostrich farm, snorkel at baby beach and visit the natural pool, etc. ( wear the swim shirt, matching cap, bring the sunscreen, reapply, reapply, reapply - )

Have fun!

It makes good sense to purchase kids an SPF protected swim shirt.

Billabong and Under Armor make these.

They are def cool enough for teenagers and will protect them fm the sun.

Thank you for the advice on the swim shirt! We've enjoyed Jolly Pirates very much on two occasions so this time we're doing something different.

Archived