Cabin question

Gator83

Hi,

I currently have a Cat K inside cabin on the Star Princess (booked this to save money for excursions) and can upgrade to a Cat JJ for $50. Any one know if the Cat JJ might be bigger? Any thoughts on whether I should change? My Cat K is on the Plaza deck about 1/3 from the front of the ship and the Cat JJ would be on the Caribe deck about mid-ship.

Thank you for your help.

Hi,

I currently have a Cat K inside cabin on the Star Princess (booked this to save money for excursions) and can upgrade to a Cat JJ for $50. Any one know if the Cat JJ might be bigger? Any thoughts on whether I should change? My Cat K is on the Plaza deck about 1/3 from the front of the ship and the Cat JJ would be on the Caribe deck about mid-ship.

Thank you for your help.

Square footage of the stateroom will be exactly the same, only the location will be different.

I'd be willing to bet that all inside cabins are the same, with perhaps a few exceptions like handicapped. But the location of the JJ is better than the K if you are prone to seasickness. On the other hand, the K on Plaza would offer quicker access to the promenade deck for viewing.

I agree.. we had 2nd oceanview from the atrium right by the Int'l Cafe last week and I couldn't believe how quiet it was and how "smooth" the ride was.. we had very very windy conditions and rough seas for 2 days (outer promenade closed)... we barely felt it.. and it's so convenient to things..

Unless there is something grandly appealing about the cabin location of one over the other, when it comes to inside cabins, I stick with the least expensive. Personally, I would stick with the Plaza cabin and consider the $50 spending money for those very expensive shore excursions.

Thank you for your info. One reason I might stay is to see if I get any sort of upgrade for free...LOL. I do like the fact that you all said it is a quiet spot...I like that. On my first Alaskan cruise I had a balcony but this time I want to save some money for more excursions.

Archived