transport from Manchester airport?

fue-fue

We have just booked our 1st ever cruise :). We sail on the Artemis 31st October from Southampton.

But we fly back to Manchester airport. Is there any transport that would take us direct from Manchester airport to Southampton? That way we could leave our car at Manchester.

Thanks

I think you might find that P&O will offer a coach service from the airport, this was the case for my Ventura transatlantic last year. I didn't use it but many did and I think it was free. I used the train from home but you can take a train from the airport to Manchester and then direct to Southampton. I did something siimilar from Darlington the day before and stayed at the Ibis which is just over the road from the station (there are a couple of other hotels very close). I then walked to the ship pulling my luggage but it was hard work. The other option if there are a few of you is to hire a car at Manchester for a one way hire to Southampton.

Hope this helps, G.

Sue,

This is what it says on the P&O website

Details of airport parking facilities will be sent to you 2-3 weeks before travel. Please note that for cruises P814, E827, N818, N818A, P922, E928, N925 and N925A where you sail from Southampton and fly back to the UK, we offer a complimentary coach service from the designated airports to Southampton on embarkation day so that you can park at the airport and your car will be awaiting you on your return. For cruises J806, P906, E803, E906, N906, N906A, P006, E006, N006 and N006A where you fly to the ship and sail back to Southampton, we offer a complimentary coach service from the docks back to your airport of departure on disembarkation day. Please note these may not be Eavesway operated services.

I assume that your cruise is one of the ones listed above. You should contact your travel agent and request them to put your requirements on the P&O computer so that it is all arranged in advance

Hope this helps

Brian

Sue,

Brian has said that you must go or ring your TA and ask for the free transfer.

It really makes me mad when I see that TA's do not offer this service for these cruises. I really believe that some of them do not know their own job!!

We have had people pay for the transfer, the TA said that it was not free. I can assure you it is if you wither fly from Manhcester and sail back or sail from Southampton and fly back to Manchester then P&O will provide free transportation.

I could be wrong (It has been known!) but the way I read it the OP wants to take their car to M/cr before they cruise from Southampton, and leave the car there so that they can drive home after they return. This means that a free transfer would not apply. ???

Manchester Airport has a rail station so you could make enquiries with Virgin Rail, www.thetrainline.com or national express.

Thanks for all your replies

Am going to contact P & O tomorrow myself. Our travel agent only told us about Eavesway travel which will cost £92 for 2 of us one way. they never mentioned a free service! To be honest this is the 1st holiday we've booked in a long time with a TA we usually DIY.

Would rather put the £92 towards a stay in hotel & parking at Manchester.

Thanks again

I could be wrong (It has been known!) but the way I read it the OP wants to take their car to M/cr before they cruise from Southampton, and leave the car there so that they can drive home after they return. This means that a free transfer would not apply. ???

Manchester Airport has a rail station so you could make enquiries with Virgin Rail, www.thetrainline.com or national express.

Britsbest,

You are correct that the OP wants to leave the car at Manchester airport so that when they fly back from the Caribbean it is there waiting for them.

BrianI is also correct in that the OP arranges their parking at Manchester Airport and then lets P&O know through their TA that they will be taking up the offer of the complimentary coach service from Manchester to Southampton docks.

Fue-fue, I think this will be the same information that P&O give you when you ring them.

Feebee_71 :)

The P&O free transfer operates both ways if you read the text

Brian

It really makes me mad to see that some travel agents don't know what they are talking about.

In the P&O brochures is says that transatlantic cruises they supply a free of charge coach service either from the airport to Southampton or from Southampton to the airport of departure.

Why don't they educate their staff more so they know what they are selling.

There are so many people being charged for this service!!

all sorted.

i phoned P & O on Monday & added the free coach from Manchester to our booking. Yesterday I telephoned the travel agents who knew nothing about the transport! I did say it was on the web site but she gave various excuses. I just hope that they inform other customers on the same cruise & they don't have to pay.

Thanks for your help,

Archived