• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Question from New Diamond Member

Finally made Diamond & will be sailing the Mariner on 3/1. I thought I read in the past the the Concierge usually contacts you prior to the cruise - is that still the case??

Thanks.

Barbara from Philly

I'm not sure that "usually" is the correct word. We are Diamond Plus and while C&A usually contacts us before our cruise to ask which amenity we prefer, I can't remember ever hearing from the concierge prior to our boarding. Frequently the concierge is very busy attending to the needs of the passengers on each sailing and would be hard pressed to contact others prior to an upcoming cruise. He or she may have time to contact suite guests since that is a limited number of individuals but I can't imagine how he or she could even contemplate contacting the hundreds of Diamond and Diamond plus members that frequently are booked on a particular cruise. Unless you have some pressing need to have something handled before you board, it can probably wait until you can make the request in person. The services of the concierge can be an excellent perk, and I am sure you will appreciate having them, but it is probably not essential that you hear from him or her prior to your sailing.:)

I believe you are only contacted by the Concierge if you are Diamond Plus or sailing in one of the top level suites. We have been Diamond for several years and have never been contacted by the Concierge. We have never been contacted by Crown and Anchor either. I think that is only for Diamond Plus as well.

We were contacted by the Conceige on the voyager (we were in a owners suite) but not contacted by them when we were in Grand Suites. We just became Diamonds also, so it will be interesting to see if we get contacted for our april cruise on the mariner when we will be in a JS.

I agree, I think it just depends on how busy they are on the ship.

Congrats on being diamond

Penny

I have been Diamond + for many years and the conceige has never contacted us when we were just diamond status when we became + the C&A call to see what amenity you would like to choose from for your cruise and even then if they are to busy they sometimes do not get to it so i call them about a week prior to the cruise if I have not heard from them.

Joyce...You will get 1 point for the cruise and 1 additional point because the cruise is longer than 12 nights for a total of 2 points. You need 24 points to become Diamond Plus so start booking those cruises!!! You also get an extra point for sailing in a JS (juniorsuite) or higher. If your upcoming cruise were in a JS you would be earning a total of 3 points.

Joyce...You will get 1 point for the cruise and 1 additional point because the cruise is longer than 12 nights for a total of 2 points. You need 24 points to become Diamond Plus so start booking those cruises!!! You also get an extra point for sailing in a JS (juniorsuite) or higher. If your upcoming cruise were in a JS you would be earning a total of 3 points.

Thank you Rala! I have no problem booking cruises...just wish I had more vacation time...oh well...I'll get there!!

Joyce :D

Archived