• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

spirit class

kids1stcruise

I think it is the one thing we will miss on our upcoming Pride cruise....

My son loved watching movies under the stars!

Ok.... well, the movie screen AND the Fish and Chips!

Catrin

Spirit class are my favorite, and Pride was our first cruise and we loved her! I am not a fan of the big movie screen, though. If that is very important to you, then Pride or other Spirit class ships may not be for you.

One of the reasons we love Spirit class is because they ARE a little smaller, and feel less crowded. It's been a while since we were on the Pride (2004) but she was in great shape then. You're right.....Pride is older than the Conquest Class ships ~ she launched in 2001.

Good luck! :)

We've taken our kids on the Pride twice, the Miracle once and soon the Spirit. They always have a great time. They are all teenagers. We were also on the Liberty a few years ago and the kids never used the MUTS.

The Pride is a great ship. There is a Club O2 for the 15 - 17 year olds where they can hang out, play video games, dance, etc. I'm don't believe that there is a separate area for the Circle C ages 12 - 14, but they do have activities for them.

You're correct that the Pride is not as large as the Liberty. My family likes both class of ships and always finds things to do.

Im confused about the size of the Pride in reference to Liberty, the Carnival book says the Pride is actually 963' and holds 2174 passengers and it lists Liberty at 952 and holding 2974 passengers? Is there is misprint with everyone saying the LIberty is bigger than the pride?

Im confused about the size of the Pride in reference to Liberty, the Carnival book says the Pride is actually 963' and holds 2174 passengers and it lists Liberty at 952 and holding 2974 passengers? Is there is misprint with everyone saying the LIberty is bigger than the pride?

Pride: 2124 pax; 930 staff; GT – 88,500; 963 feet

Liberty: 2974 pax; 1160 staff; GT – 110,000-113,000; 952 feet

The Liberty is larger than the Pride, although it is not longer. Liberty has more gross tonnage and holds more passengers. It is shorter than Pride, but has more decks.

The Spirit class ships are Panamax. That means they are as large as possible but still small enough to fit through the Panama Canal. The ships built on the Destiny platform (Destiny/Triumph/Conquest/Splendor class) may be shorter in over-all length than the Spirit class ships but they are wider, about 20' wider. That is why the Splendor is sailing around the tip of South America, because these ships are too wide/fat to fit through the canal.

Archived