• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Which dock is Emerald Princess using in St. THomas now?

burrma

Normally, Crown Bay. But you would have to check your schedule for what dock will be used for your sailing. http://cruisett.com/

But remember, the actual dock can be changed right up until you arrive.

I knew last year on Princess it was Crown Bay but was wondering if anyone had been there recently. Yes, I'm aware it can change at the last minute.

Thanks

Princess ships and HAL use Crown Bay. If there is a combination of HAL/Princess ships in St Thomas exceeding 2 on a given day, the ship could dock at Havensight.

In all my years of cruising, I never knew the theory on why on some cruises, Princess docks elsewhere; like at Havensight. Thanks

Last Sunday it was at Crown Bay. The only other big ship in port was a RCCL and it was at Havensight. Most of the shops at Crown Bay were open in the a.m. but only a few by the end of the day.

For the past three years that I have been at Crown Bay; they were building this shopping plaza but as of last year; there were no stores open. How many would you say there are now?

Thanks for replying.

For the past three years that I have been at Crown Bay; they were building this shopping plaza but as of last year; there were no stores open. How many would you say there are now?

Thanks for replying.

We were there last month, maybe a dozen or more stores open now. But it's nothing like Havensight! I have just never enjoyed docking at Crown Bay, Havensight has so much more to offer.

We docked today at Havensight next to all of the yaghts. The Majesty of the Sea was behind us.

Thanks; sure hard to get a handle on it.

Dying to ask: any Norwalk this week? Just came off Coral last week and it was the largest hit ever on any cruise ship;251 poeple had it and Coral is not a large ship; not a good thing.

Do sanitize!

Today it was at Havensight. ;)

Was there a HAL or Princess ship in Crown bay though?

I"m in the minority, but I like docking in Crown Bay because you can walk into town. Granted, there's a wee bit of the road that is a little tricky, but it's not that far at all. I typically walk into town...... shop the strip all the way to the open air market, and then grab a cab back if I have a packages. I remember docking at the 'sub station' (crown bay) way back in 1987, so I think it may be sentimental also.

My last several cruises were HAL, so in all fairness, I can't really remember havensight. Heck, I probably like them both :).

Cheryl :)

I"m in the minority, but I like docking in Crown Bay because you can walk into town. Granted, there's a wee bit of the road that is a little tricky, but it's not that far at all. I typically walk into town...... shop the strip all the way to the open air market, and then grab a cab back if I have a packages. I remember docking at the 'sub station' (crown bay) way back in 1987, so I think it may be sentimental also.

My last several cruises were HAL, so in all fairness, I can't really remember havensight. Heck, I probably like them both :).

Actually it's a shorter walk into town from Crown Bay than Havensight. For a refreshing change from shopping try going to Emerald beach next time & I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. The distance to the beach is probably as far a walk from Crown Bay as it is to town and with much better sidewalks & less industrial buildings.

We docked in Crown Bay on our Emerald Princess cruise this month. I was impressed with how many stores there were there now for shopping, not that I bought anything. We also walked to Emerald Bay to spend half a day at that beautiful beach there. You can rent loungers and palapas, they have washroom facilities and a restaurant there as well. I overheard some people who snorkled who said they saw some great fish there.

I love this website!

Thanks everyone for all the valuable infomation; been at Crown many times and was always told it wasn't good area to walk to town; had no i it was a shorter walk ; Good also to hear Emerald Beach is only a short walk; the other way, I take it.

I love this website!

Thanks everyone for all the valuable infomation; been at Crown many times and was always told it wasn't good area to walk to town; had no i it was a shorter walk ; Good also to hear Emerald Beach is only a short walk; the other way, I take it.

Yes, you walk away from the city to get to Emerald Bay. What we did was look at the area with Google Maps to see which route to take. Essentially you walk towards the airport. Have a great time, the Emerald is a fabulous ship.

Don't know what ships were at CB, but I like the walk from Havensight better.

I love this website!

I use to hate docking at Crown Bay until on our last cruise I took a walk to Emerald on our last stop there just to see what it was like & not to swim & found it was beautiful. From the Crown Bay exit (past the windmill) don't make a left immediately but go straight for 1 block before making a left turn & walking a slight grade up the hill. When you see the airport in front of you, there will be a traffic light.

http://inlinethumb53.webshots.com/42996/2523564660103243266S600x600Q85.jpg

Turn left at that light & the beach will be about 1/4 mile on the left hand side.

This shot was taken from the top of the hill (when I said don't make a left immediately) , the road will still lead to the beach (over a steep hill with no sidewalks). The easier path goes around the hill with sidewalks,

http://inlinethumb56.webshots.com/43895/2578008880103243266S600x600Q85.jpg

a small shopping center, school, and finally to the top of an incline where you'll see the airport.

http://inlinethumb09.webshots.com/42056/2066835900103243266S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb37.webshots.com/43748/2642804180103243266S600x600Q85.jpg

You'll see a water tower in this shot where I took one picture & that's the was you don't want to go.

http://inlinethumb36.webshots.com/34595/2190713400103243266S600x600Q85.jpg

Lots of shade trees (no need for an umbrella), places to get food, drinks wash you feet off & if you want to ride back the shuttle taxi's will be there for a price of $4 pp. (I didn't bother with them as I need the exercise)

Don't know what ships were at CB, but I like the walk from Havensight better.

Thank you. TO be honest, I've never made the walk from Havensight so I can't compare. But I will make sure to do that walk if we dock there! :)

And special thanks to Toronto and rcacace..... I had no idea! Those photos are super helpful.

Quick question, how busy is the airport?

Thanks!

Thank you. TO be honest, I've never made the walk from Havensight so I can't compare. But I will make sure to do that walk if we dock there! :)

And special thanks to Toronto and rcacace..... I had no idea! Those photos are super helpful.

Quick question, how busy is the airport?

Thanks!

It's the only airport on St Thomas it is quite busy, but from Emerald beach the nose isn't that obvious since the direction of aircraft taking off & landing isn't over the beach area. I was only there about 45 minutes from between 1 & 2 PM & didn't notice anything until I started to walk back to the ship when I was walking along side the airstrip.

Now in St Martin at Maho beach it was a different story. :eek:

http://inlinethumb56.webshots.com/42871/2567610740103243266S600x600Q85.jpg

It's the only airport on St Thomas it is quite busy, but from Emerald beach the nose isn't that obvious since the direction of aircraft taking off & landing isn't over the beach area. I was only there about 45 minutes from between 1 & 2 PM & didn't notice anything until I started to walk back to the ship when I was walking along side the airstrip.

Now in St Martin at Maho beach it was a different story. :eek:

http://inlinethumb56.webshots.com/42871/2567610740103243266S600x600Q85.jpg

That's a bit close!

Archived