• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Waitlist for dining

travellovers2

We requested a table for two for the early seating and were put on a "waitlist" or so that is what our reservation says. You would think that a table for two would not be so difficult to get. Do we have to go to the dining room when we board to find out about our table? I really hate doing that because there is a huge line wanting to change tables, etc. :cool:

We requested a table for two for the early seating and were put on a "waitlist" or so that is what our reservation says. You would think that a table for two would not be so difficult to get. Do we have to go to the dining room when we board to find out about our table? I really hate doing that because there is a huge line wanting to change tables, etc. :cool:

If you don't clear the waitlist before your cruise, then your best bet IS to go stand in line the first day to see if arrangements can be made. If all else fails, you can switch to anytime dining and go from there.

You don't say how far down you are wait-listed. That may have some bearing on your chances of success when talking to the dining room on embarkation day. Colo Cruiser is right. There are few tables for 2 and they are often by the serving station. We did it once and ended up deciding not to again.

If you don't clear the waitlist, they will give you another dining assignment and it will show on your cruise card. If yo want to change to a table for 2 at the early seating, the only way to do it is to go to the dining room and request it.

tables for 2 are on a request basis only, not confirmable either way so the waitlist is not based on the table size , it is just a position as to how many ahead of you are on the waitlist for that seating, regardless of tabele size, either way, waitlist or no, if you wish to have a table for two, you will be best served by speaking with the Maitre d' to confirm that. It will never show on the personalizer as table for 2, except to say "request table for two"

We just got off the Sapphire Princess and each night could ONLY get table for two, even when we asked, begged, pleaded to share. This happened in all four restaurants regardless of what time we showed up. We were willing to wait in order to share a table. Not once did they ask us if we were willing to share. Always getting table for two was my only draw back to Anytime Dining.

We just got off the Sapphire Princess and each night could ONLY get table for two, even when we asked, begged, pleaded to share. This happened in all four restaurants regardless of what time we showed up. We were willing to wait in order to share a table. Not once did they ask us if we were willing to share. Always getting table for two was my only draw back to Anytime Dining.

hurray!I only want a table for 2...anymore and i find things tiring and boring.I am on vacation and want to do and say and be with the person i am on vacation with and not listening to a pile of boring bullroar.:)quiet relaxed conversation and romantic whispers and good conversation with the person i am with instead of a lot of smalltalk night after nite.:p

hurray!I only want a table for 2...anymore and i find things tiring and boring.I am on vacation and want to do and say and be with the person i am on vacation with and not listening to a pile of boring bullroar.:)quiet relaxed conversation and romantic whispers and good conversation with the person i am with instead of a lot of smalltalk night after nite.:p

I was honestly surprise how easy it was to have a table for me, without even trying. The table for 2 was nice on the night we picked (not the actual date) to celebrated our anniversary.

How far down you are waitlisted? Does this mean they actually give you a number? We're waitlisted for 2nd seating on the Ruby and all it says is "waitlisted" on my cruise personalizer. Is there a way to find out how many are in front of us?

Thanks!

You don't say how far down you are wait-listed. That may have some bearing on your chances of success when talking to the dining room on embarkation day. Colo Cruiser is right. There are few tables for 2 and they are often by the serving station. We did it once and ended up deciding not to again.

How far down you are waitlisted? Does this mean they actually give you a number? We're waitlisted for 2nd seating on the Ruby and all it says is "waitlisted" on my cruise personalizer. Is there a way to find out how many are in front of us?

If you booked directly with Princess, call Princess and they will tell you where you are on the list.

If you booked with a Travel Agent, you must ask the Travel Agent to call Princess.

Archived