• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Fairly early flight home in Venice

descal13

My husband and I have a fairly early flight home from Venice - 7:45 am. We are wondering if we should book a transfer from Princess or go there by cab, how early to get to the airport before the flight, how long the trip to the airport takes - pretty much any advice anyone can give. Thanks in advance for your info!

Wow- what time are you expected to dock in Venice (do you have an overnight on the ship in Venice?)

It takes about 30 minutes by taxi to the airport but it is my understanding that you have to make arrangements for a taxi- they are not lined up there anymore (like they were when I disembarked in July 2007).

Maybe I have always been on a popular flight (I've done the 11AM flight home- three times and on Sundays) but the airport is a mobscene at check-in. Be prepared for a 30 minute wait to check bags.

So plan on being at the airport two hours before your flight. No later than 5:45.

We are doing an overnight in Venice. But still, you pretty much confirm what I thought - that we need to be up and atom by about 5, although I imagine the airport crazyness will not have kicked into high gear until after 6. We have done transfers from the ship before, and they usually work out pretty well, but I am not even sure if they are available that early in the morning. Any advice anyone can offer is greatly appreciated.

For your situation, if you are comfortable waiting until you are on the ship, usually there is a concierge that can arrange a land taxi for you that morning. If you want to have something set up, just search for Venice land taxis or limousine or car service and arrange it ahead of time.

Archived