• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Ms Belp...Info for NCL Dawn Repo Nov 09

terrymtex01

Hi Terry & Doug, thanks so much for letting us know. I'm afraid we have changed our plans and won't be going on this repo after all.

Chris has been wanting to sail the Majesty and I have been wanting to see Bermuda. It came together today and we transferred our deposit to the October 24th sailing on the Majesty. I've missed so much time from work being sick. Chris missed so much time doing the hurricanes, that we felt it best to cut our time away in half and do something we both want to do. I must admit, this is the 2nd time we've cancelled the repo on the Dawn. Maybe next year!

I also want to do the Venice & Greek Isles in the spring. Hopefully, we will be able to save up enough vacation time and MONEY to do this as well. My sister says Greek Isles are a must do. We've never been there. The Caribbean we are on our 4th next month.

I hope everyone else can take advantage of that $75 airfare; that is great! Thank you so much for thinking of us!

Only disappointed in that we won't be meeting you and I had really looked forward to that. However I understand you changing your mind. I am having some real issues battleing internal demons about what we should do next year. We were all set for Alaska and as much as I love Alaska.. I have a devil sitting on my shoulder saying "Maybe you should...." lol.

Did you see the repo cruise on the Dawn is sold out except for two AB suites?

Only disappointed in that we won't be meeting you and I had really looked forward to that. However I understand you changing your mind. I am having some real issues battleing internal demons about what we should do next year. We were all set for Alaska and as much as I love Alaska.. I have a devil sitting on my shoulder saying "Maybe you should...." lol.

Yes, we did see that it is sold out except for suites. Gave us pause. But, you gotta do what you think is best. Women are always taught to listen to that "intuition" and mine was saying "don't do the 14 day; even the price of excursions will eat your budget". Not to mention the hotel in NYC for two days.

Chris and I discussed that we can do Bermuda, ocean view, no excursions (we are on an island for 3 night/4 days). If we can't figure out how to get around, well...:o

And I really want to see Bermuda, and Chris wants to sail on the Majesty. It's the best of both worlds for us right now.:)

If you have demons, listen to them. Don't come back and say "the devil made me do it".:D You have been to Alaska before; I love it too. But there are plenty of other cruises you can go on that cost alot less. Why not check out my new favorite, Venice & Greek Isles? Perhaps we could meet there.:)

Hi Guys, I noticed in the tread that this particular curise is full - I know, I got the last AC Penthouse suite - boy it hurts paying Aussie dollars for It.

Anyway, given that it is full, would we expect to see a lot of kids on board, or is it mainly retired people? etc

We went on Pride of Hawaii in 2007 and that was only 3/4 full but plenty crowded. It did seem as though the majortiy of passengers where just there to eat as much as they could and treat the ship as a bus. There appeared very little respect shown for other travellers.

Would you consider that this cruise would be more"refined". I am just trying to get a handle on things.

Cheers Mark

Hi Guys, I noticed in the tread that this particular curise is full - I know, I got the last AC Penthouse suite - boy it hurts paying Aussie dollars for It.

Anyway, given that it is full, would we expect to see a lot of kids on board, or is it mainly retired people? etc

We went on Pride of Hawaii in 2007 and that was only 3/4 full but plenty crowded. It did seem as though the majortiy of passengers where just there to eat as much as they could and treat the ship as a bus. There appeared very little respect shown for other travellers.

Would you consider that this cruise would be more"refined". I am just trying to get a handle on things.

Cheers Mark

Markperth, hello. I wouldn't think there might be too many children since it is 14 days and not a school holiday here. However, one of the factors we considered when cancelling (at least I did) was that it is almost sold out. That is way too crowded for my taste. When you get that large a group, especially passengers who have cruised together before, as it appears alot of them have, it just didn't seem very relaxing to me. It all depends on what you like.

Hi Ms Belp, I can see where you are coming from - at least we will have the "safety" of our suite to retreat to if it all gets a bit much. LOLThanks Mark

I agree that I can not see the cruise having a lot of kids due to the length. I can't say that I think it will be a lot of retired folks either. When we have sailed on long repo cruises there was a nice mix. Wouldn't mind it if it were a lot of retired folks though. I love talking to them and it gives me hope to be retired some day myself. 8-)

Welcome to the cruise. We are in the AD Port Aft. Can't wait to check out the Dawn.

Hi Terry and Doug,

Nice to hear from you. We are in 10502 - not good with aft, port starboard etc, but we are at the front.

We do enjoy the frestyle way to cruise. We have always found staff excellent to deal with. I love the variety of nationalities that the staff have. Would this likley be an American as in the Pride of Hawaii or mult national?

Cheers Mark

Hi Terry and Doug,

Nice to hear from you. We are in 10502 - not good with aft, port starboard etc, but we are at the front.

We do enjoy the frestyle way to cruise. We have always found staff excellent to deal with. I love the variety of nationalities that the staff have. Would this likley be an American as in the Pride of Hawaii or mult national?

Cheers Mark

VERY multi national. You will enjoy the staff I am sure. I hope we get to meet you guys. One of our dream vacations is to cruise down under as well as spend a couple of weeks touring the land. Also want to go to N.Z.. This maybe a retirement trip as we are thinking of going for six to eight weeks. Did you sign up on the roll call thread for the Meet and Greet?

Hi Terry and Doug,

Glad to hear about the crew:) No we have not signed on for meet and greet as we thught that as suit holders we would be catching up with others in that situation.

I will have a chat with the missus and see what we can come up with.

6-8 weeks will certainly give you a feel for the the place. This trip is a month long one for us.

Aus - Hong Kong - London- NY- cruise - Miami - LV - LA - Hawaii- Sydney-Perth.

I posted a thread a while ago about cost of good red wine. I need to deciede wether to take 1 doz on board and pay $15. I was thinking that if a good Aussie red was under $15 then it might be worthwile.

Any thoughts on a comparible US wine, that might be a bit better priced?

I am not usualy this thight but after a month away the booze bill will add up.

Cheers Mark

Hi Terry and Doug,

Glad to hear about the crew:) No we have not signed on for meet and greet as we thught that as suit holders we would be catching up with others in that situation.

I will have a chat with the missus and see what we can come up with.

6-8 weeks will certainly give you a feel for the the place. This trip is a month long one for us.

Aus - Hong Kong - London- NY- cruise - Miami - LV - LA - Hawaii- Sydney-Perth.

I posted a thread a while ago about cost of good red wine. I need to deciede wether to take 1 doz on board and pay $15. I was thinking that if a good Aussie red was under $15 then it might be worthwile.

Any thoughts on a comparible US wine, that might be a bit better priced?

I am not usualy this thight but after a month away the booze bill will add up.

Cheers Mark

Hopefully someone will read this and be able to help you. We really do not drink wine except for occasionally a glass of champagne. I cook with wine, but that is about it. I do remember there were some selections onboard for under $30.00 a bottle, but as to how good they are, I couldn't tell you, sorry.

Yes, we did see that it is sold out except for suites. Gave us pause. But, you gotta do what you think is best. Women are always taught to listen to that "intuition" and mine was saying "don't do the 14 day; even the price of excursions will eat your budget". Not to mention the hotel in NYC for two days.

Chris and I discussed that we can do Bermuda, ocean view, no excursions (we are on an island for 3 night/4 days). If we can't figure out how to get around, well...:o

And I really want to see Bermuda, and Chris wants to sail on the Majesty. It's the best of both worlds for us right now.:)

Hi Ms belp, we're doing Bermuda in June. You can buy a bus & ferry pass for $28pp, which will take you anywhere on the island. We'll let you know how it works out.

Pat

Hi Terry and Doug,

Cheers Mark

Mark, there is a roll call for this sailing if you are interested. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=781251&page=79

Ms belp, I'm sorry you decided to switch to the Bermuda cruise but I know you will love Bermuda and not regret going there. It is truly beautiful.

Hello Angel,

Good to see ya. Glad to hear you like Bermuda. I will be there in November.

Da Bear

I'd like to go back next year. The plan was to wait until 2012 when we'll celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary (:eek:) because Bermuda is where we honeymooned....when we went this past Sept, it was with friends that were celebrating thier 30th.

I don't think I can wait until 2012 to go back.

Hello Angel,

Good to see ya. Glad to hear you like Bermuda. I will be there in November.

Da Bear

A cruise that stays in Bermuda for three days is on our todo list as well. I think it would be neat to be in the same port for that long and every one tells me how much we would love Bermuda.

Hi Terry and Doug,

Cheers Mark

As Halos stated there is a roll call for this cruise. Please stop by and introduce yourself.

In my signature below you will find a link to some photos of your cabin albeit on the Jewel. The only difference between the Jewel AC and the Dawn AC is the colors.

This will be our third year in a row for the fall repo. The first two were also sold out. We did not feel like it was overly crowded compared to other cruises. As for the number of children, we did not notice an over abundance of them. Also with kids pool area they are even less noticeable.

PE

Archived