• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Any idea where Summit will dock in Bermuda?

familycruzer

Summit is too wide for either Hamilton or St. Georges.. Kings Wharf is the place to dock for all the big ships.

That is correct...

and, even that is not an EASY task getting into there.

(to the Kings Wharf) :rolleyes:

Be prepared for a bus ride into town,

or, the water taxi..we rode the bus in and, the water

taxi back...it can be quite a wait for the water taxi, sadly :(

Bermuda is a difficult destination navigation-wise as it is surrounded by reefs. However, Summit does have pods making her rather maneuverable and ships larger than her (Explorer of the Seas for example) routinely go there. However, Summit is too big for any place other than Kings Wharf.

Kings Wharf is better than nothing in Bermuda but I was hoping for the other two stops. I guess Summit is not as small as I pictured it in my head. Maybe about the size of Enchantment of the Seas?

I have been to Bermuda twice so I am familiar with getting around and love the bus and water taxis.

I am actually trying to figure out which side of the ship I want to book my cabin on when the dates become available. If its only going to Kings Wharf I dont really care which side of the ship we are on.

Kings Wharf is better than nothing in Bermuda but I was hoping for the other two stops.

Have you looked into Holland America? Veendam will make weekly trips to Bermuda from NY starting in 2010 with stop in St. Georges as well as Hamilton.

Have you looked into Holland America? Veendam will make weekly trips to Bermuda from NY starting in 2010 with stop in St. Georges as well as Hamilton.

I checked them out but am keeping my hopes up for Celebrity being a bit better priced and I prefer to leave from Bayonne then NYC. ;) I have a "passages" certificate and am C&A Platinum member so I get benefits on Celebrity.:D

Archived