Rush It! Courier NOLA Anyone Used Them?

KandMGIn

We were just given info by the Post Authority about a luggage transporter called Rush It!. (They transport your luggage to the airport so you can see NO. You pick up the luggage in their storage office at the airport later) The Post Auth said they have not had a complaint about them in the three years they have been there. Has anyone used them? How easy is it? Was it worth the money? Thanks! Kristen

We were on the Carnival Conquest back on Sept and used Rush It to take our luggage to the airport while we explored the city of New Orleans. It is a wonderful service and I highly recommend it. We were able to enjoy several hours being tourist while our luggage was at the airport waiting for us. I also read they were starting a service that would take your luggage from the airport to the ship if you arrive on the day of your departure.

When you come out of the terminal Rush It is to your left. The have a big sign and you can not miss it.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Thanks so much! Thats all I needed to know. I just wanted one account of good service. We have such a layover between ship and airport. I am really excited and think we might even do a short tour know.

P.S. They do take luggage from airport to ship now.

They also have a website. Here is the link:

www.rush-la.com/partners.html

We were told to just go to the kiosk at the pier, but I think you may be able to moake a reservation too. They are going to send me info in the mail and also some shuttle service providers for the trip from and to airport since taxi service is so expensive.

For clairfication the cab fare- downtown to the airport is $28++ for 2 people, shuttles are about $12pp++ and can make several hotel stops picking up. The cab, frankly is the way to go for only a day visit on limited time. Allow at least 30 mins. for the cab ride.

Budget Queen, that is right. In our case, it is $28 for DH and myself and then $12 for 3rd familiy member and $12 for 4th family member. That is $52 with out tip! Yikes! My parents are also going with their best friends, so that is also $52 for them. That leaves each group of four with a $104 round trip (no tip) cost to and from airport. The shuttle for our party of 8 is only $120.00 round trip for everyone!! That is half the cost for transportation. We got a $10 discount for booking the shuttle round trip. I guess I would rather pay less and have a longer ride! :p

• 3 weeks later...

Archived