• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Water Temps 2nd Week of May...

golfer1966

Ive read it may be cold. Ive read it shouldnt be too cold. I dont really know what to expect at this point. :confused: What are the average water temps for that time of the year. We wish to go snorkeling. Thanks for your help.

I tried to snorkel at the end of May but I wimped out. It was too cold for me. On the other hand I noticed younger people in their 20's seeming to have no problem with the same water temperature.

• 2 weeks later...

I added them all up and got an Average... I used May 13th for example.

Ave Water Temp 73

Ave Air Temp 77

The water may be a lil chilly when we are there, but Im going in. There is no way I will be that close to blue water and not be in it, so I am in there.!! :)

Hey All,

Well it is about 70/72, but the outside temp may be 74 with a breeze, so its pretty cool. I swim at the Jersey shore too, but when its 68 degrees( the water ) the outside temp is usually mid 90's with an intense sun pounding on you. I was in Bermuda last May and it was too cold, I like the cold so I did go in, snorkeled for a few but then had to get out.

Bermuda is wonderful anytime but the water is cold in May. Last year went in Oct and it was much much warmer. I'll let you know about Sept...that's this year!

Bermuda is wonderful anytime but the water is cold in May. Last year went in Oct and it was much much warmer. I'll let you know about Sept...that's this year!

We visited Bermuda three times in September and the water was perfect every time. MUCH warmer than in May.

Archived