• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Emerald Princess Internet help

Perky1

I am wanting to claify what I think I have read. If I take my laptop with my wireless card on the Emerald next month, will I be able to get internet service on my balcony room on Caribe. I do not have a mini suite. We are Platinum so we will have some free minutes - I would like to be able to upload some pictures to a blog I am doing.

If not - can you use a card reader in the computer in the internet cafe and upload some pictures from there?

thanks in advance.

Just got off ... :( wanna go back ... I had wireless everywhere ... including our cabin, which was a window cabin ... E707. Better yet, I had access in Sanctuary. :D

Be sure to sign up the first day, as you get extra minutes. Also, since we're both Platinum, we got double the minutes for our $200 credit.

Thanks you so much. It will be great not to have to go to the internet cafe!!!

Yeah, and the attendant in the cafe had a bad attitude. Upon boarding, I went there to sign up. There was literally no one in the cafe. I asked a simple question about signing up for wireless versus hard wire (as it has changed since my last cruise). He snapped, "It's right there, sir. Just read the screen."

Well, he was right, it was there. Just not sure about the attitude. There is no difference. You use your name and cabin number as a sign in and then create a password. You'll get the same prompt on your laptop after you have signed up. Just be sure to read the insturctions about disconnecting from the server. While on hard wire, you just hit "disconnect." On wireless, it instructed me to type in http://1.1.1.1/ in my explorer line, which disconnected me from the server. Not sure if my time would have continued to lapse, had I simply closed my laptop, but didn't want to risk it.

BTW, the only time I went back to the cafe was to print our boarding passes. :D

Archived