• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Baths or Peter Island

dmack110

Hi Mack

Just got back from a family cruise on Norweigan Dawn which stopped at Tortola. We (6 of us) were able to charter a boat for the day and we went to The Baths, Peter and Norman Island. The Baths were awesome but I can see that it would get crowded after the "organized" trips arrived. We got there early and had a great time exploring the paths through the boulders and the snorkelling was good. We left before the crowds got there and headed to Peter Island which after a quick drive bytour of the famous Resort on the island we stopped at Great Harbor for snorkel and lunch. The snorkelling was much better here than at the Baths, much healthier reef, less people (hardly anyone). We had lunch at a little beach restaurant (Oceans 7), hung out on the beach and snorkelled some more there. Lunch was good, service a little slow, but hey Island Time and all that. If you ahve time to do both, try to do the baths first before crowds get there, if not and you are a snorkel fanatic Peter SIland is better particualry the "shallower" side. However the boulders at the baths are a "must see", I am sure you will enjoy whichever route you go

We've been to the Baths and we honeymooned on Peter Island. The Baths are interesting, but I wouldn't send anyone out of their way to see them. IMO, just not worth the effort to get there.

As another poster said, the snorkeling off Peter Island is wonderful. And the island has an untrampeled feel about it.

Archived