QV's Alternative Dining

The Real PM

I haven't benn on the QV but it seems like it is from the Lido Menus. La Piazza, Carvery, Lotus.

Here are some menus:

http://www.cunard.co.uk/uploads/QV_LIDO.pdf

Thank you Ray. The menus look delightful. I thought for some reason that one of the alternative restaurants was Greek, but I guess not.

These alternative restaurants are excellent. I am surprised that more people don't try them.

We used the Alternative Lido on QV on the transatlatic in January. It was set up on that occassion as a Fondue Evening. There were probably only 30 people using it (you had to book before 16:00 hrs) during our visit. It was very attentive service and we thoroughly enjoyed the experience and the food was excellent, the chocolate fondue for desert was particularly nice - and the bonus was no extra charge!!

It was a sectioned off area on the starboard side, aft.

Trevor

We used the Alternative Lido on QV on the transatlatic in January. It was set up on that occassion as a Fondue Evening. There were probably only 30 people using it (you had to book before 16:00 hrs) during our visit. It was very attentive service and we thoroughly enjoyed the experience and the food was excellent, the chocolate fondue for desert was particularly nice - and the bonus was no extra charge!!

It was a sectioned off area on the starboard side, aft.

Trevor

Snap! It was excellent and I would highly recommend it - the Indian curry evening - which I did not try - is one I have heard people rave about. Well worth doing.

Peter

Snap! It was excellent and I would highly recommend it - the Indian curry evening - which I did not try - is one I have heard people rave about. Well worth doing.

Peter

the sectioned off area is in the back of the lido and during the 2008 QV world cruise...and i assume its the same for the current cruise rotated with 3 nights as fondue night, indian night, english and asian. We tried all the variations and they were brilliant, if a little difficult to get reservations. They only open up for reservations at 9am for the meal that night and because of the limited seating...(30 i think) they were usually booked out by 9:05am!.....Well worth the effort though. And yes there is no extra charge. We ate there probably more frequently than the brittania, couldnt fault either the food or the service.

This is our first cruise on Cunard...we are on a 6 day crossing ...coming off of two other back(transatlantic) to back(cruising the British Isles/Europe) cruises in the Bristish Isles/Europe. With limited luggage and planning for approx 34 days at sea ...we will not be able to pack formal wear except for possibly one suit/fancy dress. I would like to know what options will be available to us..dining areas ...we have a B balcony cabin. We are also cruising on HAL and NCL and we are very familiar with their dining options. :)

Are you able to order full menu from the dining room to be served in your cabin via room service?

..is there a casual wear dining option?

Are the venues for dining for breakfast/lunch casual wear?

Thank you so much for your responses.

1ph

Archived