• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Cabo Premier Yacht Experience review

Greektreats

After so many questions about this Princess excursion, I'm glad to report that it is indeed a fun excursion. Let me preface this by saying that the Princess description of the excursion needs to be rewritten. There are no champagne mimosas and no hot tub, so if this is a deal breaker for you, be forewarned. That being said, the 72' yacht is lovely, and our group of 8 enjoyed the covered deck, sort of behind the captain, immensely. Comfortable bench seats (think typical boat seating) on each side, with big deck on the back where the sport fishing chair was mounted. The hot tub was covered and that's where the food and drinks were placed. Beer (Pacifico), water, soft drinks, and margaritas were plentiful, and yes, the food served was as described in other reviews: simply chips, salsa, and fresh fruit until after the snorkeling stop, then grilled shish-k-bobs, which were actually very tasty. There were probably 20 people on the yacht (sorry, I didn't count), with about 8 sitting in the very front (bow)of the yacht, the 8 of us and one other couple on the upper level, and that may have been all. The bathroom facilities were just what you would expect on a boat, but certainly adequate. The stateroom looks nice, although no one ever stayed in it, just passed through to get to the bathroom. The crew consisted of the captain (a Mexican gentleman who was very nice but spoke limited English), and 2 young men, probably in their 20's, who were also very nice and personable and ready to answer any questions you might have. One of them, Chad (or Chet?) works in Alaska on a fishing boat in the summer and works on this yacht in Cabo during the winter season. The gentleman who owns this yacht, from Atlanta, had been on a fishing trip with him in Alaska and that's how Chad ended up working on this excursion. We started out from the docks in Cabo and went to the famous rock formations, where we saw all the sea lions sunning themselves. As we continued our cruise, we began to see whales! The captain would go wherever the whales were, and we got lots of great photos. Should have counted, but I'll bet we saw dozens of whales, some breeching, some just blowing, some swimming, and some diving. What a wonderful experience, and maybe this is why we so loved this excursion. After awhile, we anchored so that those who wanted could snorkel (one member of our group did, said the water was very cold, but saw lots of fabulous fish). One couple used the kayak (there may have been more than one kayak, that's the only one we saw being used). The weather was perfect and we just sat or laid in the sun and enjoyed the day. When we started back, the captain followed the coast line so that we could see some of the fabulous homes, then he saw more whales and he asked if we had taken enough pictures and when we said no, he began to follow the whales again. Got more great pics! What a thrill to see these marvelous creatures breech and dive. I learned that after a whale surfaces then dives, he leaves a "footprint" on the water, and it is the most amazing thing to see. It's like a big elongated circle of the most calm water you would ever see. Very interesting! The crew baited three big fishing poles on the back of the boat just in case something bit, but unfortunately no fish were caught. All in all, I would recommend this excursion. It is a lovely way to spend a few hours on a very nice boat enjoying the views of Cabo. And if you get lucky enough to see lots of whates, as we did, it makes it even more special!

• 2 weeks later...

I totally missed your post somehow!! I even searched and it didn't come up!! Thanks to Stephanie, I found you!

Margaritas will make up for the Mimosas :D :D :D

We are now at 40 days and counting!!

Thanks again for posting your review.

Cheers, Denise

• 2 weeks later...

Archived