• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Age Group Question For Child/Teen Programs

alasyx

I apologize if this has been asked but I am not sure how to search for this.

We joined DVC on Sunday and as part of the promotion received a "free" 4 night cruise on DCL.

We have just one son so we are allowing him to bring his god-brother. Our ds will be 12 (4 months from 13th b-day) and his god-brother will be 14.

We would like them to be together and to be honest the 10-12 yr old activities will not set well with our son as opposed to the teen activities.

On RCCL, 12 is the next age up category.

Can we choose to allow him to "move up" on activities or are we stuck? Also, do they have teen dining so my dh and I can go to Alto one evening? And how do we know night will be our "duplicate" restaurant since we would like to ck out all three.

Thanks for the help!:)

I believe that he should be okay to do the teen program. I think my son did that on a Disney cruise when he was almost 13. If memory serves me correctly, the teens don't actually have to be signed in like the 12 & unders do. They just come and go as they please.

Let him try to just go with the teens. As with most things in life, it is better to just do it without asking and possibly be told no, than it is to ask permission (making it easy for them to say no).

As to the "teen dining," whenever we cruise and eat in one of the adults only restaurants, our teenage children will go on their own to the buffet, or to fast food, or even to the main dining room. They actually like going to the dining room without us and having the waiter treat them like adults. The waiters always lie to us and tell us the next time we see them that our kids were so polite and well behaved ... lol

Your repeat duplicate restaurant will be on the 4th night.

Hope this helps.

Archived