• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Light sleeper has a question?

obmarcr

I am a VERY light sleeper so I have a box fan that I use so lul me to sleep and to block noise. Of course, I don't want to bring a fan onto the airplane when we fly into Miami for our cruise. So, does anyone know if cruise ships have a fan that can be borrowed.?Has anyone else had a similar situation? I have tried those "white sound" machines but they don't work for me.:( I wish they would because that would be much easier to pack. Any feedback will be appreciated! :D

I recall reading on here several times that people have asked their cabin steward for fans and received them with no problem. I did a search to confirm my sometimes foggy memory, but the search doesn't seem to be working. I DO feel pretty confident though that you will be able to get one. What type of cabin will you have?

If you can get one from the cabin steward that would be great! Wonder if any one knows about that?

I always bring a small fan with me....I got one at Walmart that can stand or clip onto a shelf. The make a nice soothing sound...I am a light sleeper too....and a nice breeze. Don't forget to bring an extension cord though. ;)

I'm a light sleeper as well, but for some reason I've had very little difficulty sleeping on a cruise. Yes, a fan runs at home.

We usually have a balcony, open the balcony door a bit and the sound of the ocean and the rocking of the ship usually results in much better sleep than at home.

Good luck!

I recall reading on here several times that people have asked their cabin steward for fans and received them with no problem. I did a search to confirm my sometimes foggy memory, but the search doesn't seem to be working. I DO feel pretty confident though that you will be able to get one. What type of cabin will you have?

I have an aft balcony cabin. Never had a balcony so I am really looking forward to it!

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and I will ask the room stewart if they have a fan I can borrow.

I have an aft balcony cabin. Never had a balcony so I am really looking forward to it!

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and I will ask the room stewart if they have a fan I can borrow.

Good location. I hear the ship's wake will lull you IF you like that kinda thing.

Hi, we usually bring our Marpac white noise machine to block the noise when we travel. The machine is relatively small and makes a sound just like a running fan. It worked great for us on our last cruise -- my DH and I were able to talk and watch a movie while my DS was sleeping only a few feet away. Here is the link to the particular model we have: http://www.amazon.com/Marpac-SleepMate-Electro-Mechanical-Sound-Conditioner/dp/B000KUHFGM

Hi, we usually bring our Marpac white noise machine to block the noise when we travel. The machine is relatively small and makes a sound just like a running fan. It worked great for us on our last cruise -- my DH and I were able to talk and watch a movie while my DS was sleeping only a few feet away. Here is the link to the particular model we have: http://www.amazon.com/Marpac-SleepMate-Electro-Mechanical-Sound-Conditioner/dp/B000KUHFGM

We have two of the same thing... one for home and one for travel. I am one that can't sleep without the noise of a fan and used to use a big box fan until I found this. It's not a recorded sound like so many of the white noise machines... it has a motor in it that really sounds like a fan. It has different noise levels too, so that is helpful. I highly recommend these!

we usually bring our Marpac white noise machine to block the noise when we travel. The machine is relatively small and makes a sound just like a running fan. It worked great for us on our last cruise -- my DH and I were able to talk and watch a movie while my DS was sleeping only a few feet away. Here is the link to the particular model we have: http://www.amazon.com/Marpac-SleepMate-Electro-Mechanical-Sound-Conditioner/dp/B000KUHFGM

I too have one for home and one to travel with! Wouldn't go anywhere without it. I like it much better than the sound makers that simulate rain, ocean, etc.

Archived