• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Las Caletas excursion Mexican Riviera cruise

Romy40

Tried to post this under the "ports" boards, but there is a note stating not to start a new thread in this category, so - - I'll ask here.

Anyone done this Princess excursion in PV?

How about the bird watching excursion in Mazatlan?

I've done Las Caletas 3 times - and all 3 times it has been the highlight of my entire cruise. Absolutely do not miss it! There's nowhere like it.

The service is awesome, the food incredible and the setting is so remote and unique. I can't say enough about it. Everyone I have sent there says the same thing.

Yes we have done LC a couple of times too. It was excellent although in March the water was way too cold to swim.

Be aware that it is free alcohol and if you or anyone in your group have kids, the employees don't care what age they are. They give out a lot of 151 proof grain alcohol for supposed Tequila shots, it is a very dangerous mix.

There will be a warning about alcohol in Mexico in the patters as well.

We saw many sick teens coming back to the ship. :)

We did Las Caletas a few years ago on a Carnival cruise and it was the best excursion we did on that trip. The buffet lunch was good the outside beach front seating was excellent and the beach was nice. There are kayaks to use and you can snorkel right off the beach. The boat ride over from the pier was great as our guide was very entertaining explaining the local sights as we cruised the shoreline. On the way back we stopped for a few minutes in the bay to watch some gray whales feeding. Overall a very relaxing day and well worth the price. We had enough time afterward to have a quick shower then grab a taxi into town to stroll the Malecon.

I've done Las Caletas 3 times - and all 3 times it has been the highlight of my entire cruise. Absolutely do not miss it! There's nowhere like it.

The service is awesome, the food incredible and the setting is so remote and unique. I can't say enough about it. Everyone I have sent there says the same thing.

First-Can 2 ladies in there 80's enjoy this day? Plenty of seats along the way? Shade? Not go mountain climbing?

Second-Has anyone interacted with the Sea Lions? Were they being treated well? Looked healthy? Enjoy it? (this is not the older ladies:))

Going on Sapphire in May.

Tried to post this under the "ports" boards, but there is a note stating not to start a new thread in this category, so - - I'll ask here.

Anyone done this Princess excursion in PV?

How about the bird watching excursion in Mazatlan?

We leave Sat. on the Sapphire and will be doing both of these excursions. Will let you know when we get back.

First-Can 2 ladies in there 80's enjoy this day? Plenty of seats along the way? Shade? Not go mountain climbing?

Second-Has anyone interacted with the Sea Lions? Were they being treated well? Looked healthy? Enjoy it? (this is not the older ladies:))

We took my early 70's MIL to Las Caletas a few years back and she had a blast. More than enough shade....there is some walking to get to the various beaches but certainly not a strenuous hike.

I have only seen the sea lion from a far - not up close (there was just one). I just saw it for the first time in November. They brought him up in a boat in a cage - he looked healthy but I am never happy to see an animal in a cage.

is this the same tour as the Kayak and Snorkel tour in PV? We are leaving this saturday and have booked this excursion thru princess. i am hoping it is the same as i have it is a must do.

No, the one you want is #290A "Hideaway at Las Caletas". It may be full, so hurry! You may also be able to be wait listed. There are 2 others for Las Caletas that are about the Sea Lions, but I imagine you could sign up for that and I'm sure it includes everything else as well. Then you could decide about the Sea Lions. (This only if the first one is full).

Good Luck,

Julie

P.S. We are doing this for the second time and will be there with you this time!:D

The service is awesome, the food incredible and the setting is so remote and unique. I can't say enough about it. Everyone I have sent there says

the same thing.

I have done it once before and will be there again next week.:D Totally agree with all of the above!

Julie

My husband and I both attended LC and swam with the Sea Lion. The Sea Lion was very well take care of. The trainer told us he is only transported in that cage on the small boat back and forth from his spacious pool home. They had 2 other sea lions that had escaped after they learned to get fish on their own. Both came back weeks later - one much fatter and the other much skinnier. The experience was incredible, LC is so beautiful. The food was OK. After the Sea Lion experience, we were able to snorkel for a short while. I will definately go back again but wished we had more time there. Hint: they will try and sell you pictures of your Sea Lion Experience. Hook up with a couple of other people and share the cost and you will get all the pics for a fraction of the cost. LC was absolutely the best excusion we have been on.

Hi! We went to LC when we stayed at an AI for a week last Feb. after I wanted to see more of PV since cruising there. We booked through our hotel. The excursion was great! We enjoyed the buffet & walking around. On the way over there we saw a whale & some dolphins. The guys entertain on the way back. It was fun!

~Jo~ :)

Don't know if things have changed. I think it's been about two years since our last excursion there, but we have been to LC several times and always choose to sit in the beach area closest to the dining area. The sea lion has always performed right in front of that beach area, so you could easily watch and get pictures if some of your group was in the water with the sea lion. And, yes, everyone went over on the same boat and could eat together. We've loved every day spent there, and the rides over and back are scenic and fun. We usually see dolphins and turtles along the way. Enjoy!

We enjoyed our excursion last November to LC, the sea lion experience was nice but a lot of people who didn't pay the big bucks got to interact with them as well because they swam with all the people, not just us! They had a hard time getting them back into their cages--they were having too much fun playing with people. I am attaching a picture...it says it all!

sealions.jpg.36673cbabef47d0417aef355f4cb5ce4.jpg

We enjoyed our excursion last November to LC, the sea lion experience was nice but a lot of people who didn't pay the big bucks got to interact with them as well because they swam with all the people, not just us! They had a hard time getting them back into their cages--they were having too much fun playing with people. I am attaching a picture...it says it all!

Amelia - I am sorry but that picture makes me laugh outloud hysterically. The look on your face is priceless. Carol looks like he's having fun too.....

I would not recomend this excursion for anyone who has mobility issues. It is not strenuous, but the whole area is kind of on a hillside, with steps and dirt paths, etc. There is a ton of shade, and alot of chairs, but to get to some of the areas (for lunch, etc.) you do need to be a bit limber and steady on the feet. Hope this helps. Don't want to discourage anyone, but It is difficult to know exactly what shape anyone at ANY AGE is in!

Amelia - I am sorry but that picture makes me laugh outloud hysterically. The look on your face is priceless. Carol looks like he's having fun too.....

I know Danielle, its not the prettiest pic but it is expressive--I have what I call "the face".. Carol's face always looks good.

You know I live to make you laugh!

Archived