• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

formal night dress for men

lauderdalegirl

If it's one of those tuxedo shirts which use a stud closure, then, yes, it would pass code.

However, a tuxedo shirt without the tuxedo? :confused: Dress pants and a sport jacket call for a dress shirt and tie.

if my husband would wear a jacket and dress pants plus a white tuxedo shirt which does not require a tie would that be fine for formal night. thanks.

Can't see a problem with your husband's planned attire. Has a lot more class than jeans and a tee shirt that were allowed in the dining room on the Ryndam on a formal night on an Alaska cruise in 2006. Gail:D

If it's one of those tuxedo shirts which use a stud closure, then, yes, it would pass code.

However, a tuxedo shirt without the tuxedo? :confused: Dress pants and a sport jacket call for a dress shirt and tie.

I don't usually like to post on dress-code issues...but I absolutely agree with RuthC!! Tuxedo parts are not mix and match with suit parts. :)

I would not worry too much as the accepted dress on formal night has deteriorated so much that some folks came without coat, without ties, etc on my most recent cruise. I suspect any effort to appear more than casual would be appreciated by those of us who do wear tuxs.

harry

Can anyone guess at the number of formal nights there would be on a 34 day cruise? For a man the problem of formal dress is simple. but for a woman I guess mix and match is the only way or eat in the Lido. Any comments on this problem for the ladies.

Can anyone guess at the number of formal nights there would be on a 34 day cruise?
Usually you can figure on 2 per week, so I would guess about 14.

So what if ladies repeat outfits? You're all "in the same boat", literally!

Can anyone guess at the number of formal nights there would be on a 34 day cruise?

I have taken several cruises of 33-35 days. Each one had 8 formal nights. I took one black skirt in a "dressy" fabric and style, and four beaded blouses.

Usually you can figure on 2 per week, so I would guess about 14.

So what if ladies repeat outfits? You're all "in the same boat", literally!

14??!!!

Even if it were 2/week, that would only add up to 10 for the 5 weeks.

And I think that even that is most likely too high. For example, on my recent 30 day cruise on the Ryndam, we only had 6 formal nights. And by the 6th formal night, which was the 28th night of the cruise, pretty much everyone that I spoke with said that they would have been happy to have stopped with 5.

Can anyone guess at the number of formal nights there would be on a 34 day cruise? For a man the problem of formal dress is simple. but for a woman I guess mix and match is the only way or eat in the Lido. Any comments on this problem for the ladies.

I would guess six. We had six on our recent 30-Day HAL cruise.

14??!!!

Even if it were 2/week, that would only add up to 10 for the 5 weeks.

And I think that even that is most likely too high. For example, on my recent 30 day cruise on the Ryndam, we only had 6 formal nights. And by the 6th formal night, which was the 28th night of the cruise, pretty much everyone that I spoke with said that they would have been happy to have stopped with 5.

Hey MadMan, DW & I were on that same cruise & we thought that six was too many as well!

Archived