• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Pez Quadro AI - single ticket

PrairieWinterCruiser

Has anyone ever purchased just a single ticket for this all-inclusive? It is important to me that I have a chair and, even more importantly, shade. I like the frozen drinks and it will be well worth it for me (particularly the shade as I am very fair and burn easily). My DH doesn't care about shade or a chair and will just have a few beer at $2 each. If I book one ticket as an AI, will I still get a chair and shade? My DH will just pay as he goes and then we'll use the money we save to give a nice tip to the people who look after us. Thanks, once again, CCers.

We were in Costa Maya this past week. No need to reserve ahead for this if there is only one ship in port. There are lots of places to sit and enjoy along the walkway thru town. There was no problem getting a chair in the shade and pay as you go. We stopped a several places during the day, had a drink or two, then moved on down the beach. Had chips and salsa ($3.00) at one, ate lunch (lobster tacos $8.00) at another. Drinks run from $4.00 to $6.00 at the places we stopped at. DW had 2 massages. One was 1 hour for $20, the other was $30 for 45 min (started at 30 for 30 min). The differnce was one was non certified ($20) the other was (so they said). The wife liked the $20 one the best. The vendors were not pushy at all (unlike in the port area where they were trying to drag you into there booths). A polite "no thank you" was all we needed most of the time. Most thanked us for visiting. Jet ski's were $25 for 1/2 hour, but you could deal with them if you wanted longer. Some would take $35 for an hour. The shopping was not as good as we had hoped for. Most of the venders were selling the same items. They would all deal on the items they had. There were a few that were selling painted plates that were nice looking and one we saw had the hand painted sinks that were very nice. You could get snorkling tours all along the beach. I did not check the prices.

We had a very nice day just walking along the beach walkway and stopping at a few places as we went.

If you do go to Costa Maya, do not just stay in the port area. You would miss out on a very nice little town and some really nice people.

Archived