• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Concierge Club Cappuccino question

jamesnnb

Our upcoming Mariner cruise, out of San Pedro, will be our first as Diamond Members. We understand the Concierge Club has cappuccino's in the morning -- is it 'allowed' to bring a couple cap's back to our cabin in the morning so we can enjoy on our balcony? Or are they only to be enjoyed 'in' the Concierge Club?

Our upcoming Mariner cruise, out of San Pedro, will be our first as Diamond Members. We understand the Concierge Club has cappuccino's in the morning -- is it 'allowed' to bring a couple cap's back to our cabin in the morning so we can enjoy on our balcony? Or are they only to be enjoyed 'in' the Concierge Club?

Not a problem - the only sticky point is alcohol in the PM - I just finished the third leg of the repositioning of Mariner and enjoyed the Concierge lounge during the day.

Yes they do but its just fruit and donuts. Stuff like that. nothing like the WJ

We've always seen a full continental breakfast - fruit, juice, pastries, including bagels, salmon, cream cheese...

But it's not a full breakfast, so we usually skip it and head to the WJ or DR.:o

anything besides breakfast - like mid-morning/mid-afternoon/late evening snacks or even a light lunch in the conc. lounge?

Thanks in advance..

The only time food is present (normally) is during "Concierge Hours". Otherwise, if there is nobody there to oversee this activity, wouldn't want to guess the mess that some 'could' create. :eek:

Bruce

We were recently on the Exp. and our stateroom was just outside the CL. Hubby would bring our mugs (we had a kettle & teas in our cabin) into the CL every morning and get our coffee (it is very strong) along with bagels and fruit and we would enjoy our breakfast on our balcony.

You will have 24 hour access to that wonderful cappucino/espresso/coffee maker. As soon as we get into our cabin, I grab the concierge key card and get reaquainted with my favorite machine. There is no problem bringing the cappucino out with you.

Eric

We had access to the concierge service on the Adventure since we were in a suite. DeDe was our concierge. She is FANTASTIC! :D

The coffee machine can be accessed at any time. You just go in there any time with your "special" key and make yourself a cup. You can take it out with you. The continental breakfast in the morning is minimal, but you can also take it out and to your room. They are a little more strict at night, but you could take stuff out then too. Depends on how busy they are. ;) There is usually a great assortment of goodies to snack on at night as well as lots of liquor. DeDe remembered the drinks we liked and depending on how busy she was, she would make them for us. Otherwise, you are free to make your own. It is a great perk and can save you a lot of money in bar tabs! You also get to sign up for services/excursions early. Your concierge will make spa reservations for you too! They also have movies, guide books and other things (like umbrellas) you can check out. You will be spoiled! Congratulations and enjoy yourself! :p

You will have 24 hour access to that wonderful cappucino/espresso/coffee maker. As soon as we get into our cabin, I grab the concierge key card and get reaquainted with my favorite machine. There is no problem bringing the cappucino out with you.

Eric

One of our favorite perks of the conceirge club. We also enjoy sitting there watching the world go by sipping our cappucine.

Jan

Our first cruise as Diamond members was on the Serenade and Maritza always asked us if we wanted our cappuccinos in "to go" cups. Since we were in Alaska we usually chose to sit in the lounge and drink them while we watched the scenery unfold. Love that glass wall.

What are the hrs?

Thanks in advance..

about 8-11 ish (maybe a little earlier)

and 5-8 ish...

On Explorer you don't make your drinks...there is a bartender...sometimes two bartenders, PLUS Ricardo the concierge....

So....YMMV with regards to helping yourself to alcohol.

at night there are usually a chafing dish of assorted hot hors d'ouvres, a cheese tray, some veggies, and a plate of (horrible) petit fours (they are, sometimes, really lousy....)

We all know the horror (;)) of a cappuccino machine that doesn't work.

For that reason, on our long Mariner cruise, the concierge (Allan) taught lots of passengers how to re-supply the coffee and the millk. Whenever it ran out, there was someone who knew how to get it going again!

:)

We all know the horror (;)) of a cappuccino machine that doesn't work.

For that reason, on our long Mariner cruise, the concierge (Allan) taught lots of passengers how to re-supply the coffee and the millk. Whenever it ran out, there was someone who knew how to get it going again!

:)

I would have been happy to know how to do that...trouble was, on Explorer..the problem was mechanical and ONLY the manufacturer of the machine can fix it! :rolleyes: it should have been fixed in SJ, but since we missed it, we had 11.5 days of NO CAPPUCCINO!!!!!! :mad::p

I would have been happy to know how to do that...trouble was, on Explorer..the problem was mechanical and ONLY the manufacturer of the machine can fix it! :rolleyes: it should have been fixed in SJ, but since we missed it, we had 11.5 days of NO CAPPUCCINO!!!!!!

Oh, the humanity! :eek: :cool: ;) :D

We've always seen a full continental breakfast - fruit, juice, pastries, including bagels, salmon, cream cheese...

But it's not a full breakfast, so we usually skip it and head to the WJ or DR.:o

Actually, I find it offers just enough to give me the energy to go up to the Windjammer to have a full breakfast. Not sure I could make it all the way to the WJ without a stop at the CL first.:D

Archived