couple of questions

mbw1024

anyone here know anything about the JW Marriott? Got it cheap on Priceline, just wondering about location, quality, etc.

Also, best place for brunch? Any suggestions?

Thanks .. will be here in Jan. for a non cruise vacation!

First visit so any tips are welcome!

The JW is a very nice hotel. For clairfication there is a Marriott the next block across the street. Also very nice. You are walkable to everywhere - if you have no limitations. Request the New Orleans visitor guide and the Good times guide. http://www.neworleanscvb.com/ Excellent and don't miss- are the Park Service ranger walking tours at the Lafitte location on Decatur.

We just returned from a land vacation in New Orleans and ate brunch at Commander's Palace. It was very good, but quite expensive if you include the Bloody Mary's or Mimosas (which were excellant) They had a trio jazz band that plays throughout the dining room. I also understand that the Court of Two Sisters does a very good brunch. We will try that next time.

We stayed at the Hoilday Inn French Quarter. Excellant location and conveneint to everything in the Quarter.

I posted a review of our trip on this board under "Trip Report - Holiday Inn French Quarter. It has a link to our pics also.

thanks for sharing the photos. great review that will help me out a lot. this is my BF's Christmas present and NOLA has been his number one destination to travel to, can't wait to present it to him!

I don't want to plan out the whole weekend, will let him plan SOME things :D but want to at least have some options out there.

So far all I did was book a table at NOLA's.

Mary Beth

Some of the fancy sit down restaurants you will need to make a reservation 30 days in advance. We made early reservations at Commander's Palace and Bombay Club. We made reservations 3 weeks in advance for the dinner cruise and swamp tour. I made a full iteniary before we left so we wouldn't miss anything. The Haunted History Tour we just showed up 30 minutes before departure to pay the fee.

Archived